Headphones, Amp and music

Well then, whatever you do, DO NOT check out the Helix Stomp. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Geez! Thanks. I just looked wow, geez thanks again. Now I got the itch. @Shibata don’t look.

2 Likes

Too late. :grin:

I have been using a fender mustang for about 2 years. It will Bluetooth to your phone so you can hear the music and yourself as you play. Many options out there, just do your homework.

2 Likes

They’ll also “spoil” you with noise if your muting isn’t good :joy: and if you don’t have a cab sim, it might sound a bit boring too.

2 Likes

This is the thing that people don’t seem to mention! I wondered for a while what the real problem here was… 50% me 50% skipping a vital part of the amp (actual percentages may be very different :rofl:)

I’ve never tested an amp with cabsim (should just take some headphones to a store…) so I’m still curious how that can sound! But usually the only time I use headphones is when playing around with BIAS or something on the laptop so the amp it out of the equation then anyway!

Or another way of looking at this is - this helps with your muting technique because playing through headphones won’t let you ignore mistakes as easily.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I look at it :slight_smile: I almost always play with headphones and when I first started playing, I spent a lot of time working on muting. I recorded a bass track for a musician buddy at work and his first comment was about how clean it sounded. Many people start using headphones after they’ve been playing for a while and are surprised at all the string noise :laughing:

I play with headphones because my wife doesn’t need to hear the same Fleetwood Mac song 400 times in a row.

8 Likes

Wait. Wha???
They don’t like that?
Well that explains a lot around here.

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought they’d appreciate hearing something familiar. :innocent:

1 Like

A while back at work I thought everyone had gone home and I was whistling a very repetitive section of some music I was working on… my boss came out of one of the rooms and told me to stop because I was driving her crazy :joy:

1 Like