Headphones, Amp and music

My husband bought me a really nice pair of headphones so I could listen to myself play but I’m curious if I can get music to play through my headphones and my bass so that I can listen to both while I play… Help plz

3 Likes

You’re looking for a headphone amp.
Some are wired. Some are Bluetooth.
Search here and you’ll find threads and recos!
Happy GASsing!

2 Likes

You could get a simple DAI… the Behringer UM2 I picked up works perfectly for that. Hook it up to the PC, hook the bass to it, plug in headphones. Play music on the PC, it comes through the headphones with the bass as you play.

2 Likes

Ask your husband to buy you a Zoom B1 Four as well! Thank me later :wink:

8 Likes

What is your setup right now? Do you plug in your headphones into your amp? Your amp might have an aux in and you can connect your smartphone to it to get music and your bass through the headphones.

4 Likes

My small issue with headphone amp is that they are just a tiny bit weak on volume, and by the time you are done you are likely to be in a tangle mess with all of the cables. If money is not an issue @John_E and I highly recommend Boss Waza Air Bass.

3 Likes

What’s a zoom B1 4

2 Likes

Hi,

[edit] You kinda beat me to it. Use the “AUX input”, you can get cables or adapters from 6.3mm to 3.5mm and so on. :smile: Something like this cable goes from 3.5mm on your computer speakers to 6.3mm on your “AUX input”. Look for “6.3mm to 3.5mm cable” on Amazon or eBay.

6 3mm to 3.5mm kabel

This sounds like me before I got my current practice amp! I guess you have a cable from your amp and want to add one more from your computer or phone?

The simplest solution would be a Y-cable that you plug between your bass and amp. This can result in worse sound, but it is a $15 solution, so why not try it.

6 3mm y kabel

If your amp has an input called “aux in”, you can plug in a separate cable there.

Some amps have inputs for two guitars, you can also plug in a computer into one of these. If you go out through your speakers on the computer, you might even have a volume knob there, which let’s you control the volume of the music.

Happy playing! Let me know if that helped. :smiley:

Cheers,
Antonio

5 Likes

This is what I was going to suggest. Hook your phone up to the aux port on your amp, then hook headphones into the :headphones: port, and you should be good to go

Bass into it’s normal Port of course

5 Likes

It’s an effects pedal. If you type “Zoom B1 Four” into the search box at top right, you will see several discussions of the Zoom B1 Four in the BassBuzz forums.

I don’t have one, so can’t comment about them:

3 Likes

Oh hell ya \m/

4 Likes

Well I had one cord like that an guess what it worked. So stoked. You guys are awesome. And quick to respond. I love this place. Thanks guys. \m/

9 Likes

Im glad you were able to make it work. I practice the same way and love it.

2 Likes

Me too I like being able to hear myself with the music. I’m sure most of us do.

2 Likes

Just be aware that headphones, most headphones can easily spoil you with the upclose and personal detail bass volume and tone. However playing with an amp with the same knobs setting can yield different result. So be sure to do both.

4 Likes

Glad you got the responses in quick. Replying just to add that I started with the exact same amp as this, loved it!

3 Likes

Brother, no truer words have been spoken.
I play through the Waza Airs then try to get that amazing tone in the room and forget it!

3 Likes

Ugh… That thing looks awesome. I am trying to rid myself of GAS. Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome! Always happy to fuel someone else’s GAS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like