Headphones and computer

Anybody have recommendations on being able to run my amp and computer through head phones at the same time. So I can play along to a song and still hear my bass.

3 Likes

This thread may be of interest to you:

4 Likes

Scarlet Focusrite or similar DAI will do the trick.
Or a preamp pedal that has headphone and aux in that can act like a DAI. Or a zoom. Etc

Either way you need something that takes your bass signal and converts it to computer speak, with is what a DAI does.

2 Likes

If your amp has an aux input and a headphone jack you have everything you need. Just run the headphone output from the computer into the aux in and plug your headphones into the headphone jack. You may need an adapter to make everything fit.

If your amp does not have these, then see the responses from @John_E and @NipperDog.

3 Likes

I just run the music on my phone and connect the phone to the amp, and play everything through the amp.

2 Likes

You can buy an audio interface that supports direct monitoring of its inputs. So you can play a song on the computer and blend your bass into it (only pure DI). I have Scarlett audio interface and my bass constantly plugged in so I can grab it whenever I want. To jam alongside some music, B2B course etc. .

2 Likes