Help from Fender P bass owners please

Could someone with a P bass measure the distance between the bottom of the neck to the top of the first pickup please ? :pray:t2:

5 Likes

I don’t own a Fender P-Bass but I found PDFs of to scale drawings and even DWG files.
DWG files are for CAD Software which should provide you with an exact 3D model. CAD Editors are very expensive but I think you’ll find a viewer for the file withouth having to pay money.

Overall this seems to be a really nice resource for blueprints/models of originals: https://sites.google.com/site/guitarplanscollection/pdf-files/fender-ish

Of course it would be better to have someone who owns a Fender P Bass to confirm. Still thought I share the resource as I think it might be useful to you.

Edit:
Sorry just checked. The DWG files are very scarce and there isn’t a Fender P Bass on there. The PDF drawing should still be to scale though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome stuff @juli0r. Many thanks :blush:

5 Likes

It is precisely 4.0" from the leading edge of the pickup closest to the neck to the 20th fret wire on my Squier Precision Bass.

5 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: Thanks @kwt7667

4 Likes

Well it’s a P-Bass!

Sorry. I’ll show myself out.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: @juli0r

Well bugger :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: my bass is 4 1/4 inches between the 20th fretwire and the pickup so a standard pick guard won’t fit . Suppose I could get a blank and make my own :thinking:

4 Likes

95 millimeters on Greenie (american Fender Precision Bass , 2004)

to be sure I measured what you asked :

6 Likes

You did indeed @terb. Thank you and I’ll go and measure mine again :+1:

And that’s a winner :star_struck: EBay here I go

5 Likes

Hold on. Ok, from the edge of the front pick to the edge of the rosewood: Right about 3-5/8"

4 Likes

All good now thanks guys. I’ve purchased an antique white pick guard :+1:

6 Likes

what a beauty, a real humdinger! @terb

7 Likes

you can see it way better on most of my covers :grin:

6 Likes

nice plug :wink:

7 Likes

:v::grin:

5 Likes

@terb there was an American sit com called “I Dream of Jeannie” 70’s
or for you “I Dream of Greenie” She just looks so classic.
Jamie

4 Likes

yeah it’s a 2004 model so not much more than 15yr old but still pretty wrecked, that’s true :joy: still a really excellent instrument

5 Likes

I remember that show!

1 Like

@Terb It’s a beautiful green, and one of a kind. Love it!

3 Likes