Help Me Stop Annoying The Wife!

What would I need to play my bass (amplified) through my headphones, along with the sound from my computer? I’m currently using the Fender Rumble 40 amp. There are times I’d like to play, but the better half likes to complain about the noise :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You can plug headphones into your Rumble 40 and use an aux cable to connect it to your computer. That’s the setup I use.

9 Likes

+1 me too with rumble 100 :+1:t2:

4 Likes

If you decide to use this as an excuse for buying more gear, there are plenty of other options:

4 Likes

Just a little clarity to what’s already been said. Specifically, run a 3.5mm (1/8") stereo cable from your computer’s headphone out to the aux input of your Rumble 40 then use your headphones plugged into the Rumble 40’s headphone output.

I don’t know what type of computer you have, but most pre-built desktop/laptops will have a headphone output from their soundcard, and many motherboards for people that build their own computers have that, too, so it’s a safe bet you have one as well.

5 Likes

I run a Zoom B3 connected to my computer via USB. Works great! Bass plugs into the B3, and I can jam along to my music from the computer or just solo.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just use my USB audio interface, which is more or less made for this kind of thing.

3 Likes

I use an audio interface at home as well, plus I’ve used a Vox headphone amp that has an aux jack as well. Now, I’m using the Waza-Air Bass headphone amp

2 Likes

Getting a new wife is also an option… just saying. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I thought of that too! You can do what I did and marry a deaf person.

9 Likes

That’s like me trying to veto my wife’s horse riding hobby.

I would find myself surplus to requirements very quickly :joy:

8 Likes

Real dedication to the art of bass @PamPurrs :grinning:

3 Likes

Reading between the lines here but I reckon she really wants you to buy a bigger amp :metal: :metal: :metal:

If not there are some kickass wireless headphones you can buy - bit pricey but worth it in the long run

4 Likes

I take that a step further. She’s really saying she wants to move into a bigger house, and for you to get a bigger amp.
Here’s my suggestion:

11 Likes

Oo sorry I didn’t see this. How’s it performing?

1 Like

The sound is much better than the Vox but I’m still having issues with getting the Bluetooth to connect with my computer. @John_E is having much better luck with it than I am.

1 Like

Here’s an option @Kevins-a-frettin…. :rofl::rofl:. And, if your wife gets mad at you for playing too much or too loud and takes it away from you and hits you with it, the injuries you’ sustain would be very nominal…:rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Good one Lanny @Lanny !!!

4 Likes

I bet that’s super easy on the shoulder :rofl:

2 Likes

Ah so you have to connect it to a laptop? Damn things get everywhere. I guess it’s a driver issue? Windows has always been crap for bluetooth

1 Like