HELP! -- TODO TU LO HAS CAMBIADO - BASS COVER + TUTORIAL

I may be getting ahead of myself a bit here…but I really wanna get this right. I’m playing this at church this coming Sunday. I’ve played it before, but not as detailed as the original artist plays it. Mostly just roots and a couple 5ths/octaves here and there. I’m trying to tab this myself so I can at least practice the original for the next time I play at church. I’m pretty new to tabbing just by sight and sound so if anyone could help or give me some pointers on how to tab better I’d appreciate it! Sorry for all the non Spanish speakers, but the good thing is that bass is universal haha.

1 Like

If you have GP8 (guitar pro) and you are in desktop or laptop you can upload the audio track and start inputting the notation and tab. If you are the one transcribing it then tab it the way you play it.

I strongly recommend that you take the opportunity to imprint the song and commit it to memory. If you are doing the live performance you should know it by heart. When things gonwron on stage your muscle memory will take the autopilot role.

So, for the few songs I’ve tried to transcribe, I started by separating the tracks in something like moises. Then I feed that separated bass track into transcribe! software. I use transcribe! to listen to the bass line, look at the displayed piano roll and attempt to understand what is being played. I use MuseScore to notate.

Chordify can help as well, as it lays out the chords of the song for you. That can make it a little easier to decipher the transcribe! info…

Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

1 Like

If you cannot find the tab, you could try the MIDI version and import that to Guitar Pro.

I don’t know about the quality of this transcription, but I found it here: https://midialbum.com/shop/midis-cristianos/danilo-montero-midis/midi-del-tema-todo-lo-has-cambiado-con-danilo-montero-ft-talles-roberto-victoria-m-y-su-presencia/

For free it might be this?

Just for fun I downloaded the free MIDI and took the audio track from a youtube video.
Converted & synched that to ToneLib Jam and made this little video:

[TRACK DELETED AS IT WAS INCORRECT]

Mind you, I didn’t check anything here, so I don’t know if it is correct at all, sorry for that!
But it sounds like a live version of what you are looking for, and the tabs dance right to it. So maybe it helps?!

That’s pretty awesome! The song in the YouTube video though is a different song :wink:

But it’s still cool to see those resources! The song I was looking for tab is Todo Lo Has Cambiado - Danilo Montero. Thanks for your tips and help!

Ah, let me recheck. Somehow Google linked me to the wrong file…

So, is it this track?

1 Like

Yes sir that’s the one!

Ok, so I could not find a free midi for that, sorry!

Still you can find and purchase the midi yourself. They are about $5-$10, mostly…

Import it to Guitar Pro, it looks like that (with a different file, just as an example):

You see all the instruments in the MIDI file.

And this is the imported bass:

You can also export to text format, like this:

So again, that is not your tab, but it shows that MIDI can be quit usable!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll check it out!

1 Like