Help with creating tabs/sheet music from a recording

I am having trouble trying to come up with easy to read music/tabs for a song I’m playing. I have a chord sheet but as you can hear there is so much of the cool bass line that is not covered. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAuldv-sKUs …this is a copy of the track I found on youtube - I’m not affiliated with that channel at all but it sounds like it’s the same key (we are playing in the Keys: G-Ab). Are there any tools out there that would make it easy to create and print out the music/tabs with lyrics that I can use? I know I could play it if I could read the music from a page. Please help!

1 Like

Hi Becky: I play using tabs. I copy and paste the lyrics into a word document, Arrange it by verse, chorus, etc. then space the lines out to 1.5 and just write the tab in above the word where it changes.

I like Guitar Pro. It’s got midi instruments that allow you to play along to the tab on the screen and change playback speed. Great for learning songs and is popular with online guitar courses that provide tabs as Guitar Pro files.