High speed work

Hi there,

Good or bad idea, to work a song at 105% or 110% of the tempo, so it will be soooooo easy at 100% ?

Happy bass day,
Laurent

4 Likes

That’s my practice routine. I’d go up to 125% if it’s not too technical most songs I’d try at least 110%. It shows on difficult song when you play faster than original and drop back you are much more relaxed.

2 Likes

I’ve done this a number of times, especially for songs that I find hard at first….

In fact, there is a song I’m learning at the moment, where I am playing along with both the original and a cover. The original is 3bpm faster than the cover. The bass line crosses strings and bounces up and down the fretboard … that 3bpm is really noticeable!

2 Likes

I do it all the time. Doing it with Billie Jean is a good warmup, in that if you can, you know you’re warmed up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes!

This is a great idea.
If you can build up to tempo and then past the performance tempo, that’s phenomenal and a great way to feel comfortable on things.

4 Likes

Billie Jean kinda reminds me of the linear exercise on drums.

2 Likes

Never thought to try it, but now I will. I’ve been messing around with some pretty fast and thrashy stuff, and this if nothing else will be a funny challenge.

2 Likes

This is obviously my goal, uh! Correction my dream :joy:

For context. This is Vulpeck live version at 20% faster

3 Likes