Higher tension short scale strings?

I got mine for 68 bucks. It was the best deal I could find.

Also, make sure your TIs will be long enough since 32” is technically medium scale. Hopefully they’ll fit.

2 Likes

Yes, I confirmed that they are long enough. They are actually one of the longer short scale strings out there.

2 Likes

I put the TI Jazz Rounds on my 32" this evening. They feel and sound wonderful!

3 Likes

I actually think the TI jazz flat would be on my fretless next. It would be pretty incredible

2 Likes

Putting TI Jazz flats on my Cutlass this weekend. I’m stoked.

2 Likes

It’s on my Caprice bass now and I couldn’t be happier, and I’m not a flats player but like mentioned earlier these TI jazz flats are in a league of their own.

2 Likes

I hear you, Al. I think they’ll sing on the Cutlass.:+1:

2 Likes

Update: My verdict on the TI Jazz Rounds after playing them for a few weeks is they are Spectacular! These paired with my Lairat Sirya are a match made in heaven. I am going to order a set for my 32" headless 5 string next. I may have found my go to string.

3 Likes

They are my go-to strings as well. Those, or perhaps the DR Pure Blues - they are a bit “dirtier” :smile:

2 Likes

I love TI flats on my 54P. But the Jazz Rounds are spectacular to me as well. I have them on my Ray34 and they are sublime.

2 Likes

I was able to snag a set of long scale rounds on Amazon for $59. They only had one left at that price.
I was looking for a short scale 5 string set and can’t seem to find them. Do they not do more than a set of 4 in short scale rounds?

1 Like

For TI Jazz Rounds fans, has anyone used the JR364 Super Long Scale version on a 34”?

I’m thinking about getting some for the heavier E string, but I just want to see if anyone else has tried them and they would work.

1 Like

I even use the “normal” long scale versions on a 35’‘. For instance, I have the JR345 on a 35’’ 5-string and have no issues with the B string :smile:

2 Likes

So, you’re going the other way: “shorter” string set on a longer scale.

Just wondering if the “Super Long Scale” 36” TI Jazz Rounds would pose any problems going on a 34”.

1 Like

You probably have to cut off most of the silk and wind the actual string around the tuners, but other than that, I don’t think there will be an issue.

1 Like

I figured that might be the case. I’ll give it a try. :+1:

1 Like