How do I get this tone?

Could buy another guitar :slight_smile:

ok that was mean, I shouldnā€™t feed your GAS.

Butā€¦ RevStar!

4 Likes

yeahhh, thatā€™s really pretty

2 Likes

not a chance. I have zero interest (thanks to the even more costly saxophone issue I have)

3 Likes

I decided to make my own toneā€¦

2 Likes

Great playing and great tone, @John_E .

I actually find that the Hofner comes closest to matching the sound in the original recording, if you are still hunting that tone. But you donā€™t need to ā€“ your version was great.

2 Likes

Actually toyed around with this pedal last weekend. It has an unique synthy sound when pitching down (which I didnā€™t expected). It has the same type of sound when the distortion kicks in.

2 Likes

yes, absolutly. this grainy synthy sound is very much associated with the Digitech sound, in my mind.

3 Likes

I absolutely love quirky pedals like this. Itā€™s why I like the OC-2 more than any other octaver - itā€™s just so delightfully weird and glitchy.

3 Likes

If I ever buy another guitar it will be a RevStar. Thatā€™s pretty unlikely at the moment though.

I liked the Cort I had after I swapped out its pickups, but just never played it enough to keep it.

2 Likes

a good friend of mine has one. he also have a 90ā€™s ESP that he bougth from a french very well known band guitarist ā€¦ this friend is a gourmet. He likes this Revstar a lot, thatā€™s one with the big aluminum tailpiece. Also boutique pickups obviously. doubles the price easily. a gourmet, I said.

3 Likes

Dammit. My plan backfired and now Iā€™m gassing for a Revstar.

They redid their model line this year. This is the cheapest one now:

Looks fantastic, and probably a pickup swap away from sounding fantastic.

This is the one I would actually want:

higher end model, slightly better color, about $300 more.

Very, very double-humbucker :rofl:

They make a dual P90 too, also sounds good.

3 Likes

Iā€™m gassing hard on a tele now. Welp

Letā€™s do the unthinkable Howard :joy:

2 Likes

I wonā€™t play it I fear. Though that didnā€™t stop me the last two times :rofl:

4 Likes

Too late. I gave inā€¦

4 Likes

Nice! Teles are really great.

1 Like