How much do you practice

I try to practice some every day, even if it’s just doing scales or playing along with old lessons. When I can I’ll do an hour or two.

I’ve tried instruments before and maybe this is the one for me. I look forward to playing it, even if its just scales.

7 Likes

I have a very empty life. And i love to play. Usually 45-60 minutes with a headphone apmp in the mornings, then 60-90 minutes after work with the amplifier. Depending how i feel about it. . there are days when i just can’t seem to make anything sound good, so those days i just play a little less freeform and work on scales and timing.

I sometimes go longer on weekend days. Or sometimes it’s just 15 minutes a couple times over the weekend.

3 Likes

I had a ‘throw the basses out the window’ moment a few days ago.
Smart enough now to walk away and come back the next day, all was well again.
Also use those days for cleaning/maintenance, etc so I can still covet a bass in some way.

5 Likes

I have that “massive wholesale sell off” mentality when things don’t feel or go right when playing bass. Usually when that happens I just put it down for a day or three, and listen to songs I want to try and learn. Upon return, most times, I’m fine after that.

But to answer the question, I try and practice at least 30-45 minutes a session, sometimes longer. Most times it’s 2 days on and one or two days off. That is one of the reasons why I’m reluctant to try the B2B course, I lack focus, attention and I also forget a few things I may have already learned, I regroup and It’s fine, but that takes up time. My playing ability is just ok, room to get better for sure, but a straying mindset is an annoying thing.

4 Likes

You are missing out and with a 180-day money-back guarantee there is nothing to lose really.

6 Likes

I struggle with distractions. There is so much to do and so little time, I sometimes have a hard time staying focused to complete the course.

Slow as I am, I’m moving through it as there is info and technique in there which will benefit me. Still have time to touch on other things

7 Likes

Believe when i say that the money laid out for b2b ((money back guarantee!?!)) Is a value. There is a lit of really great information there. Starting at 50 with zero experience, i dolt think i would have continued playing if i hadn’t found this.

6 Likes

Amen brother. And I stopped playing for a while after I finished, but the good folks in this forum helped me find my way.

5 Likes

Stay true to the low end, my friend

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I appreciate the votes of confidence to pursue the B2B course. I’ll evaluate myself and reconsider…but, will I even be able to focus on an evaluation?? :laughing:

5 Likes

Just pick the thing up and play is all. My grandson asked me “how do i get good like the guys on YouTube”
Step 1-get it in your hands
Step 2-play that thing some

6 Likes

I play every day. Lots of lesson time and the rest freeform jamming. Some days it is a fun duty; other days it is a pure pleasure. Rarely, I’ll have a slog day. But the next day, all is back on track.

Music is a metaphor for life. It’s not always butterflies and rainbows…until it is. Then it’s so worthwhile. Just know that if it’s not there one day, it will soon be.

4 Likes

I’m still fairly new to the bass so I can’t possibly practice fundamentals enough. Fretting cleanly, plucking without twanging, muting, finger strength. A lot of this stuff doesn’t require a great deal of concentration, just repetition.

So what I do is unplug and toss the bass in my lap while I watch sports on tv. I endlessly practice scales, octaves and the infamous "double pluck octaves (m12, l2). I’m not plugged in so it doesn’t make a lot of sound but plenty so I can hear.

I’m determined to fret more cleanly and all this “mindless” practice has definitely improved my basics.

4 Likes

Usually once a day. Sometimes twice. Sometimes I pick one up several times a day XD

3 Likes

Definitely not enough. I try to practice focused on improving some specific aspect, even if it’s just few minutes per day I try to practice at least few minutes each day… Better than nothing!

4 Likes

I have a very empty life. So i got lots of free time. Plus i play bass, as though i needed more woman repellant…

2 Likes

I try to play every day, at least 30-40 minutes… I should probably be practising more to improve my plucking, fix flying fingers, etc but right now I’m focusing on finishing B2B, one lesson at a time.

5 Likes

I try to get half an hour at each end of the working day. I run my own business and keep my bass in the office. It encourages me to get into work earlier as I’m thoroughly enjoying B to B😀

6 Likes

I practice like 2 hours a day, maybe 1 hour. And once every two weeks or so I take a break for a day or two. My recent practice material has been incredibly difficult for me but I’m making progress

5 Likes

nice, very Motown line

2 Likes