How to get this tone?

Thanks, noted :smile:

2 Likes

Only dumb questions are those that aren’t asked or those that are asked of a lead guitarist :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I usually keep my amp EQ flat and use a pre-amp + compressor pedal to get different kind of tones. Just like amps every pedal has it’s own tone/fx signature so if you are looking for a certain tone it is wise to check the pedal on youtube or in the store first.

@PamPurrs have you seen this one? Fender Downtown Express Bass station – Thomann United States it has a lot of tonal options, seems not too complex and isn’t too expensive. If you are looking into pre-amps sansamp is always a safe option but it will cost a bit more.

That said, anyone has experience with the new Geddy Lee sansamp? Tech 21 SansAmp Geddy Lee YYZ Preamp – Thomann United States the demos I heard sounded really nice!

2 Likes

Have you checked out the Behringer BDI21? It’s a dead on clone of the original (two-band) SansAmp BDDI - for $35. I have one and it sounds awesome.

1 Like

Nope but I will check it out for sure! It only costs 21 euro in Europe - that is a no-brainer bargain :smiley:

2 Likes

I know, it’s crazy! Great tone.

Here’s an A/B:

What it IS missing is the mids control on the newer BDDI.

3 Likes