I am Josh Fossgreen, your trusty bass teacher. Ask Me Anything! (closes Aug 30th)

Have you ever turned down a gig and why?

3 Likes

Do you prefer recording or playing live and why?

3 Likes

Do you have a bass line you love and come back to year after year. One you never get tired of no matter how many times you play it?

4 Likes

Do you have a Reverb shop? Do you ever sell gear?

3 Likes

About this video… Josh’s Fruit Music Video!

I’ve made no secret as to how much I enjoyed it.
Have you ever been to Russia?
Who are the people with you in the video?

4 Likes

There has been a lot of talk about what to do when you’ve completed Beginner to BadAss. You put out this video, Are You an Intermediate Bass Player? (Here’s How to Know), which acts as a sort of guide for that.

Assuming no specific goals, other than becoming a better bass player, is there one thing in particular you would recommend focusing on?

4 Likes

Which is the more difficult bass line? YYZ? Classical Thump?

What is the most difficult bass line you know of and have you played it?

3 Likes

LMAO @eric.kiser has gone full on Spanish Inquisition.

I didn’t expect that. :wink:

15 Likes

k…

Oh what am I saying - both are bass monsters :wink: Good choice sir :metal: :metal:

4 Likes

Two questions -

What is your favourite go-to recipe in a hurry?
Why has music generally sucked for the past 20 years?

3 Likes

Heck yeah! I’m trying to get the most out of this AMA! We only have 6 more days!

11 Likes

What other instrument would you love to learn/master?

4 Likes

What’s your own practice routine and what are you currently working on improving?

3 Likes

Has anyone asked about the airspeed of an unladen swallow yet? @Gio maybe?

9 Likes

…it’s like you know me too well…

8 Likes

It’s not a question of whether it grips it with roundwounds or flatwounds, mate. It’s a question of weight ratios…

5 Likes

Is that African or European?

7 Likes

Or even…

R

That said, here’s my question: of all the lessons and advice in the B2B course, what do you consider to be the most important to a new bassist?

7 Likes

Honestly, I’m sure @JoshFossgreen will have a better, more informative answer (well… duh?!), but mine would be:
Stop making excuses, and just start learning. Took me 47 years.

4 Likes

My answer…the last one of the course, means you finished and are well on your way.

3 Likes