I am Josh Fossgreen, your trusty bass teacher. Ask Me Anything! (closes Aug 30th)

Hey gang! It’s me, Josh Fossgreen, your trusty bass teacher and resident banana expert. :banana:

As many of you know, I check in on the forum regularly, but I thought an Ask Me Anything would be a fun way for us all to connect, and get your bass questions answered! (thanks @eric.kiser for the suggestion)

This topic is open for questions as of today, August 23rd, and will be closed on August 30th, so get your questions in early! I’ll be replying throughout the week.

Hit me with your best shot! :boom:

21 Likes

Active or Passive?

10 Likes

Cliff Burton or Lemmy?

7 Likes

What’s your typical work day like?

11 Likes

Given the 50 song/Post Your Covers topics here, have you listened to the progress your students have made?

12 Likes

How has COVID affected bassbuzz and B2B? Was there a noticeable influx of COVID bassists?

7 Likes

How does it work to be sponsored by TC Electronic?

5 Likes

The BassBuzz videos on YouTube are elaborate in construction and incredibly professional. My understanding is you do all the work yourself. How long do they take to create?

7 Likes

This needs a pin. :pushpin:

5 Likes

You’ve said your dad is a luthier, do other people in your family have music related jobs?

5 Likes

When I joined BassBuzz, I expected a lot of younger people. Has it surprised you how many older people buy the course and participate on the forum?

Is it typical to have so many older clients when teaching music?

7 Likes

Do you do your own setups and equipment mods? Like changing pickups.

5 Likes

There have to be some things you weren’t expecting from all of your students on this forum. I think, at one point, you said something about being surprised at how many people have bought audio interfaces for recording.

Do I have this right and what else has been surprising?

7 Likes

I’ve had a really hard time finding another teacher that can keep me engaged the way you do. So, I have to ask, how are things looking for a second course? Maybe 2022?

I know there are plenty of us that would be glad to pay for virtually anything you make available.

11 Likes

I’ve seen various equipment in the background of your older videos. For instance, I’ve seen a Mesa amp.
What has made you decide to use one amp over another?
Do you look for clarity, warmth, dynamics, transparency?
Has this changed over time?
Changed with experience?
What was your favorite amp you ever used?

5 Likes

What is the hardest thing to teach and why?

6 Likes

Do you follow some kinds of statistics regarding B2B? By example the amount of poeple having buy the B2B regarding their advancement in the lesson. If there is module where poeple are more likely to stop the B2B and don’t go to the end off all the lesson or taking a break in the cursus.
All those kinds of statistics can help to improve B2B. In a previous live should I follow the KPI (key improvement indicator) for my employer :slight_smile: if any of you had question about that I would ne glad to talk about :wink:

7 Likes

yes please!

3 Likes

How many years did it take you to feel like you were a bass player?

6 Likes

You have used quite a few bass guitars in the videos. Do you still play the old faithful Peavey when you are not recording videos?

5 Likes