I betrayed Bass and bought a Guitar!

It’s weird. I saw one thing where Grades 3+ were behind a paywall, and then when I went into it another way, they were all unlocked o.O I have no idea…

1 Like

WOW! That’s a beautiful instrument.

1 Like

This is what badassedness looks like on an Octave Mandolin! I gotta get me one of those!

4 Likes

Thats a really nice looking Mandolin!

1 Like

No need to plug in with a Mandolin! :crazy_face:

1 Like

starting to tweak this thing … back to SSS with high-end pickups, black pickguard, new electronics with a kinda innovative schematic that I created during an insomnia. still a lot of work because I need to route the body, but here is how it should look like :

also I may very probably apply a nitrocellulose amber finish on the maple parts of the neck for a more classic/vintage look and feel.

As far as I know, this is a unique color scheme. I like custom colors :smirk:

5 Likes

Skillshare has guitar and other music courses too, as does LinkedIn (Lynda) which many people can get free through their library.

1 Like

I have 1, 2 and 4; I need to start playing more :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Try 6 :rofl:

I’m curious how his paid lessons are (I’m sure they are great) but I’m still much too beginner level to get anything from them so haven’t sprung. Maybe after I finish his beginner stuff.

3 Likes

I also have a sub to art of guitar so I probably don’t need yet another one or I’d be tempted, esp since my daughter is learning guitar and could use it. If I get any more subs, I’m going to need a second job :laughing:

2 Likes

here is a LTD M-200 cadaver , that I traded for a few Telecaster parts :

the neck is really lovely, much bigger than what I expected. it’s a nice deep C shape, I love it. the bridge is a Floyd Rose Special which is close to the Floyd Rose Original. obviously the pickups are missing ; I think I will choose a Seymour Duncan Sentient neck, and a Nazgul or a SH-5 bridge. Also I plan to paint it in artic white like this M-1000 :

5 Likes

Nice guitar Terb! If you paint it white you go full James Hetfield :smiley:

2 Likes

oh I’ll choose another color then :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

3 Likes

I just love this as a name for a metal pickup XD

it also took me a few more seconds than I am comfortable admitting to that “cadaver” was not part of the name of the guitar model, and just referring to the fact that it was just a body/neck/bridge of the M-200. It’s really early for me and I didn’t sleep much for some reason :eyes: I drank coffee this morning, and haven’t touched the stuff since October or something. That would be a pretty metal name for a guitar, though XD

I also think ESP has one of the coolest reverse headstocks, even if people like to call them hockey sticks.

2 Likes

:joy:

yeah I agree, I’m not a big fan of reverse headstocks in general, but I like this one

2 Likes

my Larrivée OM-03 is 20 years old today. I bought it new at the time.

(the serial number allows to know the exact build date)

4 Likes

Jelly. The oldest instrument I have that I’m the original owner of is my 2013 Kala uBass. Unless I still have an ESP Ltd B-305 at an old friend’s house for some reason :joy:

2 Likes

the oldest guitar I have is a 1957 german Parlor :grin: but I was not born at the time … and I very rarely buy new instruments, so this Larrivée may very probably be the oldest one that I’m the original owner

3 Likes

My oldest bass is a 1971.
My oldest sax is a 1925.

5 Likes