I betrayed Bass and bought a Guitar!

Took the leap :grimacing:
Update upon arrival :wink:

5 Likes

I fought the good fight for 3 years and two months.
I said never. Now I love my tele. Lol

4 Likes

Traded away one of my beloved Line 6 units for this to follow me home. Both my sons have tried to lay claim to it already. Was just cleaning and tuning it and couldn’t figure out why the strings felt odd. The last owner had put the high e and b strings in each others positions. Easy enough. New strings and a setup at 11:30 last night. Hopefully get it plugged in over the weekend to adjust pickup height.

5 Likes

What’s the deal with the sign? What’s the message?

1 Like

Make music not war?

1 Like

@howard :joy:

2 Likes

7 of 9 wore it so much better.

1 Like

Hell yeah. I can’t argue with that :joy:

2 Likes

”Weapon, or instrument?" (as in, “Will you choose a …”).

More or less, yep

2 Likes

Ooh. There’s a Hybrid II Jazzmaster in really cool colors too, with dual P90’s.

Nice Indigo blue. I do dislike Tune-o-matics though. Which is ironic as 4/5 of the guitars I have owned have had them :rofl:

1 Like

Nice guitar and love the color! Never had any issues with the TOM on my LTD EC-401. Might be subjective or it has some bad rep from Gibsons. That LTD was an awesome guitar. Still prefer hardtail bridges tho.

Funny, recently I have been eyeballing this model too :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I basically hate everything about the Tune-o-matic. I hate their sharp little saddles. I hate the fact that the entire thing falls apart when you take the strings off. I hate that you can’t adjust each saddle height individually without filing. I hate the dumb wrench you use to turn the knobs. I hate the fact that the intonation screws are on the pickup side, so you can’t turn them without taking the thing off. And I hate that most HH guitars have them :rofl:

It’s a pretty compelling guitar. Man, the Hybrid II’s are just so good.

3 Likes

the Jazzmaster pickups are not at all P90’s ! actually those pickups are very very different. and that’s the only reason why I don’t have a Jazzmaster, because I love everything except the pickups.

3 Likes

That is a lot of hate haha. I’ve got a love/hate relationship with FloydRose bridges. That is a serious pain to restring.

2 Likes

Yikes! Thanks for the warning. Yeah I would be putting in P90s then. Looks like the size is similar? Hmm they might even be bigger than P90s now that you mention it.

1 Like

yes but otherwise those are excellent bridges actually, especially when set in “dive only” mode.

2 Likes

no :confused: but you can probably find a Jazzmaster pickguard with P90 pickup holes

2 Likes

Yeah on second look they look a lot bigger and have different screw holes

1 Like

One day I’d like to build a Jazzmaster with HH pickups and a hardtail bridge. I would like to make the body myself, and use a nice maple Strat neck I already have in my spare parts.

2 Likes

What are the HH Jazzmasters called? Toronados? Those look pretty much exactly right to me, the thing is just kind of begging for a HH setup.

1 Like