I finished the course!

I totally agree, I had to delay things a few times along the way. This is a very well crafted program at every level.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing @nicholas.richino!!! Super glad you got through the course and are having fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations mate! It will never stop - the learning, the growth in confidence, the downright buzz you get when a bassline just plain grooves away. Enjoy the Bass life!

2 Likes

Thank you! You’re right, a lot of work to do but it’s accompanied with the joy of learning and playing the bass.

4 Likes

Nicholas:
That’s awesome! I haven’t started as of yet! Actually today I pick up my new Bass guitar! Can’t wait! I plan to begin this weekend with the course. Who am I kidding, once I tune my Bass tonight, I’ll start the lessons. HaHa!

-Rocky-

2 Likes

I am glad to hear that you are getting started! You won’t be sorry that you chose this program. Just take your time and you will be very impressed with the results. While I wouldn’t call myself a Badass bass player, I certainly have an incredible foundation in which to become one!

2 Likes

Sorry, you’re contractually obligated to call yourself a Badass now. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Oh! Didn’t see that! OK, I am a Badass bass player!!! The funny thing is that I was really feeling good about my playing. So I went to guitar Center and was looking at a new bass. I was plugged in and doing my thing when this guy comes in and starts looking at the high price american made Fenders. I felt that I should surrender the amp in the name of good bass fellowship! So I did. This guy starts playing and WOW he was good. Right there on the spot the bass room filled up and he was offered a job in a cover band. So I decided that being a Badass bass player is like being a gun fighter in the old west, there is always someone faster!:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Haha, yeah people love to show off in music stores. Never heard of someone actually getting a gig that way though! Normally it’s people who can’t get a real gig because they’ve just got a big pile of sloppy, overplaying chops that they smear all over everything. :slight_smile:

This does remind me of a funny story about how I got a gig in NYC once, I should start a thread for that…

3 Likes

I have heard those guy. With this guy it was his tone. Not volume, but so pure that it carried. But, I admit that I’m limited in my understanding.

2 Likes

I heard there was a recital for us at the end of the course. Please tell me it’s fact!

4 Likes

Congratulations @nicholas.richino on your new designation as a Bass “BADASS”!!

2 Likes

@Lanny, I am most of the way through for the second time and it’s even better! I too am an old retired guy who loves making music!

c

It seems we have a lot in common!

4 Likes

Lovin’ the pups @nicholas.richino!!

2 Likes

Gotta love their red kerchiefs, too . . . so cute! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

@Lanny & @Jazzbass19, they are my music critics. They leave the room if they don’t like my playing!

4 Likes

@nicholas.richino, @Jazzbass19 - my little buddy Griffin is no different! He will lay on the floor and listen as I play, but if he don’t like what I’m playing he will crawl under the couch/futon in my man cave and just hide out… Yes, dogs can certainly be music “Critics”!! :grinning::grinning:

3 Likes

The sure can!

2 Likes

I believe it’s called the Post your covers! (2019-2022) thread. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@JoshFossgreen how can I like 100 times ? :metal: :grin: :+1:

8 Likes