9 Likes

Play us some Prince on that purple beauty! :smiley:

Oooooh, I take it back :star_struck:

4 Likes

I KNOW!

whew :slight_smile:

1 Like

Talking about reverse GAS…
I decided to sell my 2005 G&L Tribute L-2000 which is in mint condition. I have to look into selling on eBay from Mexico. It’s been hard to find a reasonable price. Older models are definitely much more expensive than a new one and they seem to go for $800-$1000 (not taking the prices in Japan into account since they are even higher). Any suggestion highly appreciated!

1 Like

Is Reverb a possibility?

1 Like

what a beauty

1 Like

I will look into it. Thank you!

I did it! My 2005 G&L Tribute L-2000 Premium Version is up on Reverb!
Selling it would really be of help right now.
Said beyond reverse GAS.

4 Likes

That’s a nice looking G&L, I bet it goes fast.

2 Likes

I had the time to do my homework and it actually is a Premium Version. All models from 2000-2010 seem to be particularly sought after and hard to find. Let’s see what happens. And as far as reverse GAS, I don’t have any regrets.

2 Likes

@howard Would you mind giving me your opinion regarding the price? I’m trying to be honest and fair and according to guitarsbyleo it is a Premium Version where the amber color has changed over time and according to specs it is a Premium Version. There are very few available and from what I could find the price ought to somewhere between $950 to $1,100 without a case. It is really spotless and in mint condition.

That may very well be a fair price for your local market. I just checked here and it looks like the MIJ Tributes sell for about $500USD used in good condition. I would easily believe a perfect one there would be $750-$1k; the used market here is depressed right now and the yen is in the toilet.

I would recommend to price it up around $1k and see if it moves. It’s better to have someone negotiate you down than to roll out low.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Howard. I appreciate your help. I found this: The G&L Discussion Page - View topic - What is the new Tribute series which G&L announced in 2003?

I would put it up for a thousand like @howard suggests, just leep in mind you will be competing with brand new tributes with basswood bodies for $799. I would give a brief description in your listing what differentiates this early model with current offerings.

It has been my experience that I have never been able to sell for full asking price. There are some people who make riduculous lowball offers, which shouldn’t be considered, and others who are interested but must negotiate before reaching a deal. They assume negotiating is built into the process. If you list @ 1k, what is the minimum you are willing to accept? In US, Reverb charges tax to the buyer, so that is a consideration for them also. Plus shipping. In a few instances this has kept me from buying used because new wasn’t much more. Usually my listings average 3 months before getting sold. Good luck @franx.

1 Like

This^^^

I’ve only gotten close to buying off of Reverb once. But the seller freaked when he saw he wouldn’t get what he wanted after Reverb’s commission, so we made the deal off-line. It saved him the commission fee and me sales tax.

But it’s true prospective buyers will try to low-ball. Hell, I did. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Well, you have low-ball and you have low-retarded-ball. I usually don’t even reply to those offers.

Best one was a guy that offered 10 dollars to buy my Beyerdynamics DT-880 limited edition headphones :crazy_face:

4 Likes

My first real bass is my holy grail so I’ve never once even looked at new gear… Glad I’m not the only one

2 Likes