I’m so excited I’m getting a fiber internet tomorrow

Put the switch behind the modem with its uplink running in to the modem; put all the other things into the switch.

1 Like

2 Likes

Lol. Coming from double digits speed, I have no idea how things works but I’ve seen the light I just want to explore the potential. If it’s not possible to reach beyond the 1 gigabit I can drop the plan down to 1 gig instead of 2 gig. :joy:

From my experience so far I can tell you that to get the Wi-Fi speed up to about 500-600 mbps you have a newer device and be within 20 feet of the router. The signal drops quite significantly to around 200 mbps 2 room’s away. All of the newer devices are much faster and can utilize the signal better.

1 Like

What come after the main router? Thanks just want to get the picture.

At least in my house I needed two extenders. Not the cheap ones on Amazon the actual coax wired ones into the provider’s system.

This took care of low speeds “2 rooms away”.
Put one of them right in my music room.
Of course. Lol

600mbps? Are you living in the future? Welcome to Canada lol

I used to get an average of 800mbps with my previous U-Verse 1 gig install.

I’ve got Suddenlink 1 gig now, and I’m lucky to get half of that.

I’ve come to realized that it’s eventually a 1 gigabit router with 2.5 network capability and future prove with 6 ghz Wi-Fi. My M2 Mac mini has a 1 gigabit Ethernet port anyway so in the way it’s much much cheaper to run cables for me anything over a gigabit are expensive.

My tv is runway virtually a gig right now. My eyes have been so puffed up because of the crying for the last two days., lol.

4 Likes