Ibanez btb670

Hi All.
I am really enjoying this resource and the lessons as a newbie.
The guy who sold me my P bass has asked if I want to sell it back and I have come across an Ibanez BTB 670 for $500. They look to sell used at about $1,000+ CDN.
Is there some model than may be lesser price and comments please about the bass?

4 Likes

Hi @guy.farrell,
Welcome aboard, I wouldn’t be selling the P-Bass,
just adding a newby to the family.
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian.

1 Like

@guy.farrell Welcome to BassBuzz!

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

No, the BTB 670 is what it is. Lots of people love it. I do find that price to be suspiciously low.

Tell us more about this P bass.
What is it? And what did he charge you?
Do you want to sell it back?
Is he asking you to sell it back as a favor to him?
Have you decided you want something different?

5 Likes

The P bass is this one

I paid $600 Cdn. Also bought a hard case for it which wouldn’t hold the 670 I don’t think. The seller of the 670 is a semi professional player.
The guy who sold the P bass is just a nice guy who has asked if I ever decide to sell he would buy it.
I am retired and learning to properly play (hopefully). Wife already thinks I nuts and don’t need 2 guitars to learn!

5 Likes

Two guitars is plenty to start out . . . and you got a great deal on that Fender!
Good luck to you. :+1:

3 Likes

Tell her she only needs one pair of shoes to get around. :wink:

5 Likes

You tryna get me in trouble?

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Okay. Wow. I agree with @Jazzbass19. That was a great deal on that p bass. Unless there is something wrong with it that we can’t see through the pictures, I would have a real hard time letting it go.

4 Likes

Ok, you talked me into it!

3 Likes

Holy crap folks!
I offered her $400 and she said deal!
Gotta inspect it but I think I really scored this time.

2 Likes

You will have gotten great deals on two basses. That alone is pretty impressive.

1 Like

Voila. So much fun to play, except the round wounds require clean fretting.

8 Likes

That’s a beauty!

3 Likes

Wow… both a steal! Congrats!

3 Likes

Sweet!

2 Likes

Wow! What an incredible deal. I’ve been wanting to try one of those but all the ones I’ve come across have been 5 string. Very easy to play but I didn’t want a 5 string.

Does this mean you’re going to go ahead and sell the Fender back to the guy you got it from or are you going to keep it too. They’re very different basses. Not a bad idea to have both.

1 Like

What a fantastic looking Ibanez.

3 Likes

I think I am seeing it your way. The Fender plays like butter. And it is beautiful too.
Thanks for your support and encouragement.

3 Likes