Ibanez SR300E active EQ

I have a question regarding the 3 band active EQ knobs on my Ibanez SR300E (Bass, Mids, and Treble). For those who have seen the beginner Basses Series from BassBuzz you might remember what was referred to as the “doom knob” which was a bass boost on one of the Squier VM basses (the Jag I believe). Is this similar to my EQ Bass knob in the Ibanez?

To put is simply: Is it wise to play around and turn up the bass knob all the way? Should I just set all the knobs at 0? I certainly don’t wanna damage or blowout my amp.

Thank you!

6 Likes

They were talking about the tone of the bass boost on the VM Jag and the tone on the Ibanez GSR line. That’s different than what you’ve got. The 3-band EQ on the SR line is totally fine to play around with.

6 Likes

Gotcha! Thanks for the reply. That’s good to know and a relief, definitely loving the bass so far.

5 Likes

The SR line is great! You picked a good one.

4 Likes

Just to confirm what @howard said.
If anyone was going to blow anything up with not very careful use of the bass control on the SR300E, it would be me.
Since I’ve got it, and being a noob, I’ve experimented daily with various setting on amp and bass, and up to this point the fire service have not been called to a smoking amp.
I think you are safe!
Enjoy.

5 Likes

Haha! Great to hear you’ve been having a good time with it too. Thanks @Mark_UK

4 Likes

By the way the illustrations on your website are superb, @SuarezInk !

2 Likes

Thank you @Mark_UK! Drawing was my first passion and I continue to enjoy it. Hoping to take bass down that same path

2 Likes