Ibanez SR300EB output jack

So I got the VOX Amp2, which is really cool, but I noticed something with the output jack.
First… there is no plate protecting the jack and looks also a bit messy, not well made.

Now with the regular cable I can be careful enough to not damage/scratch the wood but as you can see on the photos the Amp2 only fits in one way, barely even.

Second, if I would want to have a plate - is it easy to make that myself (I am not THAT bad of a craftsman) and is it even possible with the cutting being so close to the rounded/curved edge there?

Can you folks suggest something, or should I just be very careful? It’s a beautiful guitar and I want to keep it sublime as long as possible. I know scratches and stuff happen, and can even make the bass “charming” but this output jack seems like it’s going to be messy sooner or later.

Thanks!

2 Likes

It is going to be where you test tonight with your multimeter. :slightly_smiling_face: :guitar:

How about an extension cable?

3 Likes

I actually thought that too. But even better would be a male-to-female plug. Like those 6.35 male to headphone plugs, so just like a jack extender without cable. I don’t think those exist though :frowning:

Like this but straight!

2 Likes

Tape when using the Amp? The extension is probably the best answer, but until it gets there, use some simple masking tape.

2 Likes

I think this is just an Ibanez thing. Even high end models don’t have a plate there.

https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/sr2400_1p_01.html

3 Likes

@T_dub Simple is always the first stop. If it moves and it shouldn’t Duct tape if it
don’t move and it should WD40 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But why.
I mean the VOX Amp thing is a very specific problem and probably more of a short sight on their end, but no plate is just prone to get dented, like mine already is :frowning:

3 Likes

Yeah no idea, I guess it’s just an aesthetic choice?

2 Likes

I bought one of those male to female plugs for my SR300E for use with an amplug and it didn’t fit. Socket was too tight on Ibanez. I used a short extension cable

2 Likes

@StefanK this is the output jack. you can adjust out, sorry about earlier. crossed link

1 Like

Sorry English is not my first language. What do you mean exactly? Can I extend it out?

2 Likes

Yes as the shaft is fully threaded. I’m not good at English either, I’m Scottish. :slight_smile: @StefanK

4 Likes

All you guys are great at English, probably better then me, and it is my Native Tongue, my first, last and only language, besides a little Spanglish, but only enough to shop, bargain, get around in Mexico in a cab, and order food, I could never spell it out and communicate the way you guys do.
And my mom has her masters degree in linguistics, and was a college professor teaching English as A Second Language (ESL)

Teaching ESL helps you appreciate language more in your native tongue and the recipients as well. I taught ESL to Spanish speakers, so I learned some Spanish to help me teach.

My best advice to anyone speaking English as a second language is to speak slowly (helps with diction). As far as written English, everyone here is great! Keep at it!

2 Likes

Sorry, I just had to post this hilarious skit with Scottsmen in an elevator

5 Likes

That’s what it’s like when I go tae Englandshire to see the Grandwaines (Grandchildren) Pam, love that sketch :heart_eyes: @PamPurrs :guitar: :slightly_smiling_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

@Jamietashi I have encountered lots of Scottish people in my life and have found them to be quite charming. And, I love the accent!

2 Likes

Me too. Makes me Scots-Irish parts o’ me swell with pride!

2 Likes