If you like video games and metal music

I really enjoy listening to metal music and sometimes play video games. A few months back I saw a new game coming to Xbox Game Pass called Metal: Hellsinger. The concept sounded pretty cool, listen to metal music and attack creatures, if you attack on the beat your attack is more powerful. I played a bit not long after it came out, but wasn’t enjoying it that much as it kept saying I wasn’t right on the beat and couldn’t get past the first level.

I then revisited a few weeks ago, but this time I was playing using headphones instead of TV audio. The experience was so much better and made me realise I’d forgotten about the lag with HDMI (similar issues attempting to play Rocksmith). I’ve since cleared a few levels and find it a great way to forget about work as it really draws you in with the great metal soundtracks playing.

If metal music and video games are your thing, be sure to check this game out, I’m having a blast :metal: :smiling_imp: :metal: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

The music in the latest Doom game was pretty metal too :metal:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a fun game. The production on the music is pretty awesome, and their selection of singers was awesome… some serious bangers on the soundtrack. My 2 favorite are Stygia and Dissolution.

1 Like

Nice, think it’s on Xbox Game Pass so will have to check it out :metal:

1 Like

Hellsinger is on Game Pass and great, another music on beat type of game that just came out on Game Pass is Hi-Fi Rush and I’m having a blast on that one as well.

1 Like

My brother gave it a strong recommendation. Haven’t gotten the chance yet.

Always loved Brutal Legend. Beautiful love letter to rock/metal in a video game.

2 Likes

I could have done without the tower-defense game play. Everything else was pretty awesome though. Great soundtrack, cheeky humor and some fun fighting/action sequences.

2 Likes

Nice, I’ll have to give it a try.

It’s wild how using headphones can make all the difference. Thanks for the heads-up on that! Now I’m ready to dive back into the game and unleash some beats on those creatures. Also, love that it’s become your escape from work stress.

2 Likes