I'm so Lonesome I Could Cry

Sorry I haven’t been around for a few weeks:
A couple weeks ago, I started a home project that became both time consuming, and distracting. Additionally, I was put in charge of an event at my American Legion post, which was equally time consuming and distracting. I have barely touched or even looked at poor Rosie (my bass) in a couple of weeks. Thankfully, both projects have come to a conclusion.
This morning, after a night of very restful and peaceful sleep, I was awoken by the sound of music coming from somewhere in my house. I laid in bed for a moment as my brain began to come to life, and identified the music as the song, I’m so Lonesome I Could Cry.
I stumbled out of bed, slid into my slippers, threw on my robe, and padded through the house trying to locate the source of the music. I followed the sound into the den, and was shocked at what I discovered.
My laptop was open to lesson 1 of Module 10 in the B2B course, with the backing track to I’m so Lonesome I Could Cry playing. The sheet music to the song was on my music stand. The amp was turned on, and a steaming cup of hot bass juice reposed on the table. And there was Rosie, gazing at me with those sad eyes of which only a bass guitar is capable. Her eyes pierced my soul as she stared at me while playing the bass line to I’m so Lonesome I Could Cry.

Message received Rosie!

Anyway, I’m glad to be done with my projects, and back to my daily practicing and learning the bass.

10 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Great story, @PamPurrs . . . :wink:

Glad you’re back :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

A day in the life of a Bad Ass Bass Gal! Beautiful moment & welcome back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Noooo, I am not crying… must have gotten something in my eye…

Great story, @PamPurrs!

4 Likes

I almost cried at that story. (seriously, I’m a tad emotional just now)

As I read it I’m becoming aware of 3 sets of strings gently humming to themselves as they watch me read about somebody else’s lonely, untouched bass guitars. I suspect there’s a chorus of that song being sung across the Atlantic Ocean.

Nice to see you back, @PamPurrs.

3 Likes

{gulp}

3 Likes

That’s a lot of love in this thread.:+1:

3 Likes