Improve Your Groove! An Introduction to Ghost Notes

Articulation like ghost notes are one of the big things that really help to up your bass playing game!

7 Likes

Yeah, I watched that a few days ago when I got the alert. It’s pretty good stuff as always from him.

4 Likes

I really need to work on ghost notes.

Thanks for posting the vid, he’s great! Never seen him before, love his delivery.

2 Likes

He puts out some awesome videos. I subscribe to The Brownstone and have learned a lot from him.

3 Likes

New to me, too. Look forward to exploring other videos

1 Like

His modes course is great too. I love his teaching style; he manages to break down all the little intricacies of things while still keeping it interesting. I also think about things in a similar manner to him so that helps too. The worst part though is he keeps making me want to buy a 6st bass :joy:

3 Likes

There is something about his voice or delivery style that makes me want to stop playing and just listen to him. Its like if Morgan Freeman or Mike Rowe were giving bass lessons.

Great content though. Definitely going to have to check out more of his stuff. Thanks for posting it.

4 Likes

Every day I do a quick exercise for hammer ons, pull offs, and ghost notes to a metronome using different combinations. The ghost note exercise is like:ghost-pluck-pluck-pluck for all strings, then pluck-pluck-pluck-ghost fr all strings, then another combination until I’ve done them all.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about this guy. Someone posted his metronome exercise awhile back. Really good way to get the feel of and develop flexibility with rhythm patterns.

2 Likes

I did this today along with the video, very good indeed.
And also shows you under your own fingers what the ghost notes should sound like when done right, so when you speed up, you know if you are sloppy or not.

4 Likes

And then, for the practice: Ghost Notes Practice Along - Electric Bass Lesson - Let's Practice! - YouTube

1 Like