In memoriam

No Way

John Regan, the bass player who toured with Peter Frampton, Ace Frehley, The Rolling Stones, Billy Idol and David Bowe, has died.

His wife Cathy Merring-Regan confirmed the news in a statement that was posted by a family friend on Facebook.

“It is with the greatest sorrow and sadness that I let you all know John passed away this afternoon. So many people have posted messages of love and condolences on his phone,” the statement reads. “I am trying to figure out how to post on any of his fb pages. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers.”

6 Likes
5 Likes

He was no star. Almost no one (even locally) had ever heard of him.
But my friend Noah shull was found dead of an overdose early this morning. He was a phenomenal guitarist, played with a number of local bluegrass and cover bands locally in the Columbus, oh. Area.

Drugs suck. They just suck.

13 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your friend Noah, drugs really do suck.

4 Likes

Thank you. That’s very kind of you. I tried to upload a couple videos from my phone-short clips of him playing. It was the wrong format. He was no star, so this is maybe wrong for this thread. but he was a great musician, and it’s terrible he made this decision.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about your friend, @autumnsdad1990. @itsratso started this thread “to pay respect to our heroes who have left”. So, if Noah was a hero of yours, this is the place to remember him.

5 Likes

absolutely. i mean not like i make the rules. but absolutely.

4 Likes

Just read about your mom passing, joergkutter. I’m sincerely so sorry. I lost my mom last July. Sending good thoughts to you on this changed path.

5 Likes
1 Like

a great talent and a great man.

10 Likes

Daylight come and I want go home

4 Likes

Daylight come and we want to go home. Gonna be some great people waiting.

2 Likes

Actually it’s “daylight come and we want go home”, no to and my swap of the pronoun was deliberate. I was being metaphorical

1 Like

Day-O

The first person that came to mind when I heard this was Willie Nelson.
Today is his 90th birthday.
Happy Birthday Willie.
I hope he manages to hang on a while longer. :+1:

1 Like

There’s only one version of The Banana Boat song for me. It’s ingrained from my childhood.

“Too loud man, too loud”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8vLoqvtoc

1 Like

Harry Belafonte was a great man. An accomplished musician, artist, and defender of civil rights. He will be missed.

6 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/1527113720/videos/10209767214166879/

my wife, being her usual goofball self, was also a fan :rofl:

2 Likes

Not bass related, but Jerry Springer died today.

5 Likes

I just heard that @JustTim .

2 Likes

Not bass related but here is a bit of advice.

Three weeks ago my sister burnt to death in an apartment fire.
SHE DID NOT HAVE A WILL !!!
I am her only living relative ie. no husband, no children, no mother, no father - Just me.
Without a will I have been going through hell.

Without a will, which costs around $200 where I live, there is nobody to control the estate.

The banks and insurance companies, to name a couple of the major players, require a Letter Of Authority which basically gives me the power of executor, which a will would have taken care of after her death, before I can proceed.

This letter requires a lawyer and the letter of authority will cost between $2,000 and $5,000 CAN.

So you can either get a will or pay 10 to 25 times more later on and have jump through all sorts of hoops to settle the estate. I have 15 hoops to jump through on a daily basis so far and it is estimated it is going to take 3-4 months to settle the estate.

The bottom line is - if anyone tells you they do not need a will - IGNORE THEM BECAUSE THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

8 Likes