In memoriam

Oh shit. I met Rick through my friend and great luthier Ed Claxton. Rick was a great guy. A class act all the way. RIP, Rick.

4 Likes

Bummer, but cool, I never knew of them and tgat tgey were doing tgis down under while UK and USA were hitting too.
Thanks for tge info.
Just an unfortunate way to learn about them.

2 Aussie punk bands I am digging right now are obviously Amyl and tge Sniffers, but also anothrr band I beleive Fat Mike produced on Fat Wrek Chords
The Clowns
Which is cool cuz I kind of have a thing fir clowns and Jesters.
The show us your tattoo thread would show just how much I am kind if obsessed with clowns

4 Likes

Well, better you than me :clown_face::frowning:

3 Likes

Yeaaaah…no.

4 Likes

Especially evil ones. The clown girl on my right arm is holding a red balloon like Pennywise.
I dont have a Pennywise the clown tattoo, but I have a Pennywise the Band logo on my right elbow.

I am pretty sure my thing for clowns and Jesters started way back when I was 9 or 10 and got a John Lucero skateboard, it was my favorite deck.
And of course its a big Jester on the bottom of the deck.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Bummer

2 Likes

Maybe a bit late, I’d like to pay my respects to a dude that gone too soon, seen live twice, a great bassist and great man. Goodbye my dude.

https://www.ebm.gr/?p=26888

5 Likes
11 Likes

Oh fuck. Well, pour one out for a synth legend. RIP, king of sweeping pads.

His collection is going to fetch millions.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Oh, no…

I am a big fan of Bruford, but always thought Alan White was the better drummer for Yes and the music they played…

I think he had some health problems lately and could not really perform anymore. That must be utterly devastating for guys who have played shows for 50+ years.

6 Likes

I’m a big fan of Yes, especially classical Yes, which is some combination of Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Peter Banks, Steve Howe, Tony Kaye, Rick Wakeman, Bill Buford, and Alan White.

Yessongs and Iive at Montreux are two of my favorite albums. Also Fragile and The Yes album but those were Bill.

Sadness

8 Likes

Sad news, I am also a big YES fan.
Live in Montreaux is one of my favourites as well.
I just like YES across all the different combinations including the buggles stuff , into the lenses, tempus fugit .
90215 with Trevor Rabin is also very good :+1:
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

Never liked them, but they certainly made their mark on music:

8 Likes

Oh no!

One of my favorite bands at the time. Still like them.

4 Likes

No. They were so good

4 Likes

rip fletch. awful news.

2 Likes

It was a bad day for the death trifecta with Alan, Andy and Ray Liotta passing…sad day for music fans…On Wednesday, in fact, Yes had announced that Alan wouldn’t be joining the tour because of illness and a day later he was gone.

5 Likes

Well, dang, it doesn’t seem to stop lately…

Mark Dronge, founder of DR Strings passed away a few days ago as well

7 Likes