Info on a 5 string Legator Helio please

I’ve never seen one but through quick research it’s a small SoCal company. There’s a guy trying to trade with me and he’s setting the value at about $500.

Has anyone tried this before. appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

Some pictures

2 Likes
3 Likes

Thanks @Mac, I saw that one. I’m hoping someone here have experience with it.

2 Likes

Seems to be very little info out there about their basses but what is looks to be positive

1 Like

Their current bass model is like multi scale headless Ibanez

1 Like

Because everything on the internet is true. Take it with salt

2 Likes

GC has a used Helio 5 for $699

So $500 seems ok

2 Likes

Thanks guys, we’ll find out soon. I made the trade he’ll be over in an hour. I hope it’s build well. From what I saw on review it’s either great or crap, let’s hope this is a good one.

7 Likes

How did it go?

2 Likes

Better than I expected. It’s a 35” scale 2 octave neck through bass, rolled finger board belly carved and concave back about 9.5lbs. A little slop on the tuners but overall a great bass. The electronics is pretty interesting push/pull active/passive, blend and 3 band eq. The mid sweep seems to have a pretty wide band which could come in handy. The B string really sing.

This bass has Fishman Fluence written all over it, so I ordered a set last night. Which means I’m gonna miss a chance of finding out where the buzz comes from when it’s active, lol.

Here’s what I don’t like,

black on black, matte/satin body and neck, I know MKBHD, would have been all over this bass but not for me. I’d love to put the gold string on this but I don’t know if I need anymore brightness with the Fluence pickups plus I’m not sure if I want to drop $130 for strings and not to mention gold hardware, lol.

Next is the strap button, is broken at the bottom, well that’s my fault actually, lol. No I gotta drill it out.

4 Likes

I did an all black bass once, very monochromatic. Once was all I needed.

Nice find, looks like a nice bass…

2 Likes

The body shape reminds me of my Maruszczyk Frog. Looks great!

3 Likes

Ooh, I love that and keep hearing great things about them.

2 Likes