Installing two jazz bass pickups in a mini stratocaster

I didn’t change the neck at all. It’s the same neck that came with when I bought off Facebook marketplace. I have my Mini Strat. Plus I was working on a Mexican made Strat. Swapped out the pickgaurd. With a HSH pickup configuration. Anyway, I was given the original loaded pickgaurd off the Mexican made Strat. Originally I was wanting to take the 3 single coil pickups from the Mexican Strat. Then take two of the 3 single coil pickups from my Mini Strat. I don’t have the right woodworking tools. Which caused me to cut the holes bigger than should have been. That is why I decided to use the jazz bass single coil pickups.

I noticed that a majority parts of the Mini Strat. Is way smaller than the full size strat. I held the Mexican Strat pickgaurd to the Mini Strat body. Even though it’s bigger, and most screw holes won’t line up right. But, you can get it to fit the Mini Strat, and still keeping the same appearance. Unless you have been a guitar tech/Luthier, or really looking for imperfections. You wouldn’t even notice that it’s not a Mini Stratocaster pickgaurd. It is actually a full size strat pickgaurd.

1 Like

I do like your Mini Strat. Here’s mine before I started customizing. All I did was change the knobs. Completely rewired her, and added two 250K pots. With a .47uf or .68uf capacitor.

1 Like

I’ve got you covered. Break out your credit card and buy the bass that started it all.

Or alternatively pick up a Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele bass for less than $400

3 Likes

You loan me the cash for that Pbass, and I’ll add the difference.

To buy me this sexy beast! Rickenbacker 4003 American made.

1 Like