Installing two jazz bass pickups in a mini stratocaster

I am going to install two jazz bass pickups along with the original 3 single coil pickups. In my Squier Mini Stratocaster. Any advice for me?

4 Likes

No advice but I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

4 Likes

I will definitely have pictures. My First Act ME80 Walmart Special. Sounds excellent with the 2200uf capacitor

3 Likes

Is this for a 6 string guitar or are you converting to 4 string bass.

How does the 6 string line up to the pole pieces?

3 Likes

I it an Indonesian made Fender Squier Mini Stratocaster. I wanted to add two more single coil pickups from another Strat. But, I cut the pickup hole to big. So I have a few pair of the jazz bass single coil pickups. So why not do it…

3 Likes

Does the string line up between the set of 2 pole piece? Well technically 4 neck and bridge on each string. It sounds interesting. How are you connecting the new sets to the 5 way switch?

3 Likes

Actually I’m not sure exactly. It’s just a brain fart rolling around in

2 Likes

Rolling around in my head… So, I’ll work all that out later on.

3 Likes

@Ric5 has probably done more bass mods than anyone else on this forum. He might some advice for this.

2 Likes

Yes I have done more bass mods than any other guitar crap. I despise the guitar, and any lead, rhythm, or whatever. Can be played

1 Like

Can be played on a 4 string bass. The very first guitar I built was a 2004 Chinese Epiphone Les Paul. Everything thing I tried with it. But me in the ass. So I found 2 5 wire humbuckers the 2 volume and 2 tones. Wired for series or parallel playing. From eBay and Amazon then I had to buy the Epiphone quick connect to wire it all together and playable. I’m an unpracticed bassist. Not any freaking guitarist.

3 Likes

Are you making this Strat a bass guitar? It would be interesting if the neck would accommodate and whether you can put a proper intonation on it.

2 Likes

How will you wire 5 pickups?

I would make a new pickguard and do 2 or 3 pickups

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

This is so cool. I’d love to have a bass with a tele style body.

3 Likes

What neck do you have on this one @Ric5 ?

1 Like

Mini strats are fun to mod but big kid parts don’t wanna fit stock. I had to relieve a good bit in the pickup cavity for the mini humbuckers. Didn’t catch that my poles are way off on the treble side of the bridge pickup until I was done. Was more trying to use the original pickup screw holes and make it look as clean as possible. Partial success.

2 Likes

that bass is from the retrovibe web site.

1 Like