Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi everyone, My name is Yemi an Engineer from Nigeria. A Bass enthusiast. I hope to learn as much as i can from being a beginner to Pro.
Thank you

8 Likes

Welcome, @yemiadeoye1 . . . :slight_smile:

Glad to have you with us!

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Welcome Yemi

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

BTW, @yemiadeoye1 . . . you’re the only member from Africa so far! :slight_smile:

Please take a moment to add your data to Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

Welcome @yemiadeoye1!

1 Like

Howdy all! 52 year old native Texan living and working in Western New York. Always dug the bass and drums; going with the bass as it seems more practical with our current living situation (apartment). Played trombone for a year in middle school but remember nothing. Borrowed an acoustic guitar 20+ years ago and was learning chords and how to strum to some church songs I knew. Don’t own a bass yet, but I am picking up a used Ibanez this evening and got a new Squire Contemporary Jazz Bass coming late May (delayed due to Covid). Am starting Beginner to Badass tonight! Look forward to chatting with and learning from everyone.

8 Likes

Welcome Yemi @yemiadeoye1, good to have you!

Welcome @JDDaniel, just saw your comment on one of the lesson pages that you’re grabbing your bass tonight, congrats!

2 Likes

After a lifetime of playing woodwinds (flute, bassoon, alto sax), never particularly well, I suddenly wanted to try the bass. I’ve been watching your videos (and others) on Youtube while waiting forever for my bass to arrive. It’s finally here! I’m starting even though I won’t have an amp until next week. (Tuning a bass with no experience and no amp was…interesting.) Excited to get started!

11 Likes

True motivation! :smile:

Welcome to this mad, mad place.
You don’t have to be crazy to hang around here. We’ll take care of that!

2 Likes

Welcome @JDDaniel and @tamaraster! There are a great bunch of people here so don’t be shy.

1 Like

Finally getting on here to introduce myself…

Hello,

Firstly, thank you, Josh, for being a stellar bass teacher. Your infectious enthusiasm coupled with so much solid skill and knowledge is currently rocking my world.

Funny enough, I began playing bass at age 13, but after two years I got caught up with playing violin which quickly took over my life. Four years later I went to college and five years after that I graduated with a degree in (get ready to laugh at me) music theory.

Fast forward 10 more years and I sit here, 32 years old, rediscovering my bass after far too long away. I am almost halfway through the course now and I love it! My bass clef reading definitely needed some practice and I love working through all the little details of developing clean technique. Now, if I could only stop looking at the strings and wanting to see everything in violin fifths!!!

I look forward to chatting with you all soon…

11 Likes

:grin:

Welcome to the lower register, and to these quarters!

3 Likes

Welcome @Holly.S!

1 Like

Welcome Holly. Lot’s of great people here. It’s nice to hear from someone who understands the importance of music theory!

4 Likes

Welcome @Holly.S!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Holly.S . . . :slight_smile:

Good luck with the rest of the course!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum and the course Tamara @tamaraster! Hope your amp comes soon. :slight_smile:

Welcome @Holly.S, glad you’re enjoying the course. :blush:

2 Likes

Hi all! I got my bass about 5 years ago off craigslist (a flawless Mexican P Bass for like $200. You can’t pass up a deal like that), and learned to play a few bass lines on it (Gorillaz Feel Good Inc. being about as complicated as I got). I never really learned How To Play though and fell out of it pretty quick. The bass had been living under my bed almost entirely undisturbed for the 3 or 4 years until the new Dua Lipa album came out with its sick sick bass lines and now I want to lean to play for real. The Algorithm™ suggested some of the BassBuzz YouTube lessons and I’ve been loving them.

Cheers!

10 Likes