Enjoy the ride, nice bass👍
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome @crippledring

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Many thanks for the warm welcome from everyone :+1:

Just on Module 4 now and really enjoy it. I’m trying to fully get to grips with every lesson rather than racing through, hopefully that’s the way forward.

9 Likes

You are about to meet Billie Jean. She has inspired many threads and posts around here. Including this one… Billie Jean is a Wicked Mistress.

When it happens, worry not, for we are here for you. :rofl: :+1:

11 Likes

Wow, whole bunch of new people since I been away.
Welcome to all of you dating back to @Mike_NL.
I am not strong enough yet to go back and make individual tags for you all, but I would that I could.
Welcome to each and everyone of you.

8 Likes

I’m Anestis, from Canberra (ACT), Australia.

And despite what many people in the US think, Canberra is Australia’s Capital city, not Sydney.

I was originally born in Melbourne, and my immediate family still lives there.
50 years old, decided to start learning the bass guitar because the Guitar is too hard (tried when I was a teenager and could never get the hang of the F chord). Also learning to help deal with my depression and help improve my mental health.

I know some theory and can keep a beat.

I am also learning to speak and read Japanese.

Other interests are tabletop roleplaying (think Dungeons and Dragons, but different settings and sytems), video/computer games, reading, watching TV shows and movies., and good company.

Also trying to learn to draw but that’s on hold.

I work in IT support and have a keen interest in tech.

That’s about it from me.

Anything else feel free to ask.

13 Likes

Hi @eric.kiser. Thanks for the link. I met Billie Jean on Friday evening. It did not go well. Knowing that it wasn’t just me was exactly what I needed. Onwards!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forums @Anestis.
Good to see another member from down under :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Anestis!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Anestis,
I thought Melbourne was the original capital :thinking:
If it’s not it now ,it probably should be, I hear it’s the best city in Australia.
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

Hey Jerry, @JerryP,
I can see you laughing at my comment.:grin:
Hope your well.
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome. its good to keep busy and the bass is frustrating and gratifying at the same time, have fun and if there are any issues there are a good bunch of inspiring and helpful bassists here.

10 Likes

Welcome @Anestis . Bass and music in general is amazing for mental health! I didn’t realize how much so till recently.

Glad you’re here!

9 Likes

Welcome on board @Anestis!

9 Likes

Welcome @Anestis

8 Likes

Welcome @Anestis

8 Likes

Welcome @Anestis!

8 Likes

@TNKA36. Don’t let Sydney people hear you say Melbourne is the best city.
(FYI, Melbourne and Sydney have a long-standing rivalry over which city is the best).

8 Likes