Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

I thought i’d share a pic of my ride, its a bit safer than 2 wheels, but still a whole lot of fun.
500 HP is plenty :sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

14 Likes

Anyone can restore a classic to original condition. It takes real guts to cut it up and make it as stunning as yours!!

5 Likes

WOW! I did a '68-'69 ish Triumph Spitfire convertible once but never got it to that level, wowsa!

5 Likes

Hi all. I’m from Australia and I’m up to module 4 in B2B. Never played bass before but I am a drummer so have some experience with rhythm and time keeping. Am enjoying it so far and would like to know any recommendations on books that cover music theory for the bass in more depth. Cheers BD.

14 Likes

@Bassdacious Welcome. Im sure you will get plenty of advice re books, courses, free stuff etc. Do you have a car or a bike or have you ever owned one as you now apparently have to post a picture of it on the Introduce Yourself forum. Heres my Firestorm from 20 years ago

6 Likes

Or you could post it here :smiley:

Guess I’ve been hanging around this place for too long already :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@Krescht :laughing:

6 Likes

Welcome @Bassdacious

5 Likes

I did have a Vespa (does that count?) a few years back, but no photos I’m afraid.

6 Likes

Welcome @Bassdacious!

4 Likes

Glad you are here @Bassdacious, welcome.
Enjoy the course!

This book is just about as good as it gets, many folks here have used this and Ari is releasing a second book this month… I just finished this book, it is something you will refer back to for years. She also has loads of other resources.

7 Likes

VERY nice, Brian @TNKA36 . . . :sunglasses:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Bassdacious,
Enjoy the ride,
Nice to see another Aussie on the forum,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks Joe @Jazzbass19,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @Bassdacious.
The best book on music theory or the bass is exactly that! Music Theory for the Bass Player by Ariane Cap.

8 Likes

Aloha!
My father was a pianist, amazingly so, yet never taught his kids to music.
It’s been in me since I was a child… and now it’s time to follow this passion!
Learning guitar mainly, but also bass and just love Josh’s YouTube videos. He cracks me up while giving GREAT advice that my beginner self can comprehend.
So here’s to the Bass Journey!

I’m Greg and have lived in Hawaii for about 25 years. The USMC originally brought me here, but it felt like home so I cam back ‘home’.
Previously I lived in SoCal - Culver CIty and Santa Barbara.

Been a motorcyclist since I was about 20 and have ridden in all 50 states, including a 2 year trip March 18-Dec 19 where we toured all 49, plus the western part of Canada.
‘We’ is my wife, my puppy, (and a cat that made it through the first year. He was old when we began, so he at least was able to pass in my arms.)
For income - I invest in real estate.
For contribution to the world - I teach realtors to build systems in their business to gain control over their time, income and prosperity.

I’m also a water baby! I taught SCUBA for about 5 years, surfed since I was a teen, and used to race sailboats. Nowadays I take my puppy for walks on the beach and swims out to water markers.

The world is built on relationships… and behind all I’ve done has been the people I’ve been able to share the experiences with.
I look forward to where this musical journey will take me!

13 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Tescot . . . that’s quite a background story . . . :slight_smile:

We hope you enjoy your time here with us!

Cheers
Joe

7 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m 47 and a lefty trying to decide which to learn how to play. It’s been a much more difficult choice than I initially thought, lol.

I’m currently researching basses and I’m close to pulling the trigger, but unfortunately almost none of the shops in my area have lefties for me to feel out

Whichever way I decide, I’m committed to learning how to play. It’s such an amazing sounding instrument, and I think I’m already obsessed given how many hours I’ve put into researching, and learning about different aspects of this instrument.

I already have an idea of the different basses I’ll collect in my future. :grin:

Glad to be here, and looking forward to learning and contributing. :+1:t3:

13 Likes

Glad you are here @Tescot.
Our little forum is full of good people connected viturally to simply help each other.

7 Likes

Welcome @Pablo glad you are here!

Let us know what you chose.

6 Likes