Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Ive been a member I think since Feb but I keep forgetting to do this lol. Hi guys my name is Teddy. Born and raised in South Side Chicago and currently living in Las Vegas.

I am a die hard music head of all genres with Hip Hop and Metal being the forefront. I Just got my bass in Jan and things are coming along awesome thanks to you guys. My goal is to write my own music and be able to play it on all the instruments I want on the songs.

9 Likes

Welcome, Teddy @hoodz91 . . . :slight_smile:

Glad to have you with us!

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @hoodz91!

2 Likes

Welcome @hoodz91. I too was born and raised on the south side of Chicago (63rd and Pulaski). We should get on well :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Welcome @hoodz91!
It seems that the phrase “born and raised” is enough for my brain to trigger starting the fresh prince of bel air song in my head.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @hoodz91,
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Guess I’ll do things the right way and introduce myself instead of just continuing to jump in on discussions like I’ve always been here.

My name DB. I live in gorgeous Salt Lake City, UT. My family is from Norther Ireland and I’m 3rd generation born here.

I played clarinet and alto sax in middle school and then moved on to timpani and drum kit. Rhythm has always been fascinating to me in the sense that I feel we are just now seeing how amazing and diverse the instrument really is.

I’ve been playing about 3 weeks now and I truly love my bass and the time we spend together. Thankfully, so does my wife (she knows there is no competition).

I truly hope to collaborate with as many of you as possible. I don’t know what my intentions are for when I become a @PamPurrs or @JoshFossgreen. I just know I want to make bass music that causes skulls to cave and eyeballs to implode.

Love and rot,

9 Likes

Welcome @101 and thank you for the nice introduction. I’m extremely flattered to be mentioned in the same sentence as Josh, but geez there are so many people here much better than me. Thank you for that mention though, and I can only hope to be an inspiration for you.

5 Likes

Guess it all depends on how you measure greatness? You were very kind to me from the get go so It’s no thing to mention you alongside the bro who is teaching me how to reach the passion of my life. I know this place is to the gills and guts with wonderful people that I have yet to meet. If it makes you feel better, I’ll mention them all by name as they impact my life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It would have gone unnoticed by me!

Welcome @101!
Always nice to have new active members. I love the diversity of the community here. A bit of everything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks much. You were one of the first to welcome me and I would truly be remiss if I didn’t shout you out as well.

Let it be known that our dear friend @juli0r is kick ass. Huzzah!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @101,
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hi guys let me introduce myself.I am Eric Tsai living in Taiwan,i played alto sax and baritone sax during school( high school ,uni),then I gave up them because of work but I know that I still want to enjoy music for sure,and finally I found bass,amazing instrument with a POWERFUL sound i like so I got started a month ago.It’s always exciting that practicing music is and so is listening to those famous bass players,although there are not many learning resources in Taiwan I still try to looking for any resources online and found that Buzz is so beginner-friendly!nice to meet you and so glad to be here,thanks!

12 Likes

Welcome @Eric37!
Nice to meet you. I’m glad you found bassbuzz and are with us.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Eric37,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Thank you!I hope i can improve quickly to join a band

4 Likes

Thanks! I will!

4 Likes

Hi @Eric37,
If you have just started the b2b course, you will develop a solid foundation to build your own technique around, and be out jamming with your mates in no time.:+1:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome!
Annnd - we’d love to see that project bass if you care to share. There’s a thread for it and everything: Project Basses

5 Likes

Welcome @hoodz91, @Eric37 and @101

5 Likes