Welcome @MountainStorz

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley: i learn it from this quarantine :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @suaryana

5 Likes

Im a bit ashamed about my bass :sweat_smile:, because its not a big brand the bass names is scorpion, i will post it later when i got home :smiley:

8 Likes

PLEASE DO NOT BE ASHAMED ABOUT YOUR BASS!!!
If you can get that tone, and slap it like that, it doesn’t matter what brand.
Is it a stingray copy? the body sort of looks like it. but I can’t be sure.

8 Likes

@suaryana Do not be ashamed I play on a pawn shop squire J bass I paid less than 200 bucks for. There is no shame as long as you like it that’s all that matters

8 Likes

Yes it is a stingray copy, i got it for 120 usd dollars :smiley:

7 Likes

Yay!!! I love Rays, copys are fine.

6 Likes

Me too! what basses do you have? and can i see it?

5 Likes

Yes, I do have them in the thread, but it had changed a bit, so I will repost them in the Show Us your basses thread in a little bit.

5 Likes

Okay. :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you @Richard_UK! Very excited to start!

6 Likes

Welcome @MountainStorz

5 Likes

@suaryana Considering how you make that bass sound, no one will care what it is.

7 Likes

Agree

8 Likes

Hello Ladies & Gents, this is my ice breaker.
i recently took up the bass to be able to play all my favorite songs.
right from the get go i will hold up my hands and admitting i thought it would be easier than the 6 string - little did i know! - but am loving the challenge.
I have a gretsch short scale bass.

I also am an practitioner of Tae Kwon Do and Shotokan karate, when my job permits! I work for the MOD and love being at sea. so learning bass guitar helps me relax when i am off watch.

i enjoy most genres of music but my favorite style has to be country, have recently come under the spell of prog rock and heavy metal! anything from the 50’s to the turn of the century.

thats about it for me for now.
Bex

13 Likes

Welcome @tazette83. So, bass is harder then it sounds. Yeah, it is a good challenge.
So, did you used to play 6 string, or currently play 6 string, and you just now started learning bass, or are you new to both?
I used to play guitar, then took a 20 year break, when I came back to music, I wanted to pick up bass because I secretly always wanted to play bass, but ended up on guitar back in the day. I did expect it to be a challenge, because this time I wanted to do it right. i only learned what I needed to, in order to play the songs I wanted to play with my friends in our little band, and never got into the music side of things. With bass, I am all in, 100%. Started with scales, did @JoshFossgreen Beginner to Badass, have continued with scales courses, chord tones, sight reading, music theory, and still have many more courses to take. I also take private lessons via Zoom with Josh. It has been great. I get SOOOO much more out of playing bass with this approach then I ever did on guitar. I probably could have gotten way more out of it, had I been ready back then, but I had other interests in the way. Now my road is clear and I am driving along at a good pace, getting where I want to get when I want to get to it. or something like that.

Anyway, I am glad you found other versions of music, sorry to say, that country is not my cup of tea, but there is value to learning to play some of it, so I deal with it.

So welcome, glad you found us.
Can you tell us a bit about your bass, and maybe post some pics in the thread appropriately entitled “show us your bass”

6 Likes

Oh yeah, what is this? Defense or motors or something entirely different?

5 Likes