Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hi
I had a stroke 6 months ago and started bass as I could use one finger.
Your lessons
are great.

14 Likes

Way to go @Mike4! Welcome to BassBuzz!

I have Multiple Sclerosis and part of the reason I started playing again was to push my brain and body to work better and maybe regain some of what I had lost. I don’t know if it has worked out that way for me but I sure love making things rumble.

12 Likes

Welcome aboard @Mike4,
Enjoy the ride.
Hope your on the mend​:+1::sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mike4!

5 Likes

Welcome @Mike4 . Best wishes with the course.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Mike4
Hope you’re recovering well

4 Likes

Welcome @Mike4
I too picked up bass as a type of therapy while I am on Disability too. It is a great way to help push mind and body as @eric.kiser stated.

I was at a lecture a few years ago about cognitive brain function and learning and re-wiring the brain later in life. it was thought that this was all done in your developing years from infant up thru childhood.
I was told that you can re-wire your brain, and the best way to do it as an adult is to learn a language. Since Music is a language, I got into learning Music Theory, and it certainly helps.
Maybe you can take some music theory courses while learning bass to help, I know it helps me.

8 Likes

Welcome @digbit, nice Sire!

Welcome @Mike4, good on you for making it work with what you’ve got!

7 Likes

Welcome @digbit, you will have fun here! I too joined during COVID, am only a few weeks ahead of you.

6 Likes

Hi @Mike4, welcome bother, you will have fun here!
Cheers, Bill Jr.

3 Likes

Quite the welcoming crew here. Anyways, I posted last week that I was going to get a bass this week. So now I have a bass and have officially started the program.

PS: I’m trying to stay away from the gear forum. You guys are a bad influence.

11 Likes

That’s what we’re are here for :joy:. :joy:
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Greeting , Alex here been playing a little try to get better. I’m an old dog trying to learn a new trick. Been trying to learn bass since High school days. Never happen, became a father at 20, and been raising a family now I got some time to learn. bought me a badass bass to motive me. Then 2 months later got into a bad accident took a few years to recover. damage done to my fretting hand. so had to go short scale, couldnt stretch to 1st or 2nd position on fretboard. Now im 56 and still determined to learn bass. seem like I’ve been going around in circles. Though I would give Josh a try. So here I am to be a bad ass. :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :rofl:
So Cheers and let do this. Yeah… YEAAHHAAA.

12 Likes

We are a GOOD influence… really we are… honestly we would not steer you in the wrong direction. If you don’t believe me, just go to the GAS, Multiple Bass Disorder, or any of the pedal threads. Nobody will try to influence you to spend any money. We might tempt you with beautiful new basses, or amazing gadgets and gizmos, or awesome pedals that we think you need… but we won’t tempt you to buy anything.

Signed

-Pinocchio

5 Likes

Welcome @BigAl

4 Likes

Thank You, Bad Ass Bass Gal. :+1: :metal:

3 Likes

That is all the way you perceive it.
For you it could be a good thing. for Family, Friends, significant others, etc… A bad thing. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Welcome @BigAl

3 Likes

Welcome Alex

I got in a bad auto accident 30 years ago, yesterday. 9/22/1990, I am still trying to recover. I did break 3 fingers on my fretting hand, and one of them never healed exactly right, making my ring finger my hardest finger to fret with, it tends to bend back towards my middle finger, making stretching it difficult.
I can say, that in 7 months of playing, it has gotten better, stronger, more flexible, and continues to do so little by little.
Hope you find the same as you continue to practice, stretch, and do fingering / fretting exercises.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @BigAl,
You sure came to the right place to fulfill your ambition .
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes