Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to the community @BigAl!

4 Likes

Hey Josh, it’s Shaun. A very intermediate player with my focus being on improving my technique. Picking up very nicely on the Blues Series of clips you have done and getting a good grasp on the theory side of things. Very determined to play with confidence and enjoy but recognising a long way to go with ups and downs to get there. I’m a late starter at 58, but on my bucket list is to perform at some stage at some level. Thanks for your brilliant, instructive and entertaining instructional stuff. I’m hoping this forum will help me get more connected with other players to help the confidence hurdles.

9 Likes

Today to all out there by the way!!

3 Likes

Thanks,
It motivates me more when I hear story like yours. Thanks for sharing there’s always somebody that has some kind of injury or handicap worse than mine and there pushing through. Thanks and cheers.

3 Likes

Greeting ,
Mac,:blush: thanks for the welcome.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Greetings Jerry ,
Thanks for welcome and Cheers :beers:

4 Likes

Welcome Shaun, I hope you get to check live performance off your bucket list, and I am sure you can pick up what you need to do just that here.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to contributing when I can and being part of the community!

4 Likes

Hi everyone, just saying a quick hello now I’ve finally signed up (and starting Josh’s excellent course soon).

I started with some attempted guitar during my university days some 10 years ago and then it sat in a box for most of that time since. I think I really wanted to pick up bass though, but as all of my friends already did, I ended up as the guitar person.

Fast-forward to 2020 and I decided last month to just go for it finally, and so after a few missteps at finding a bass I really liked (thanks Thomann returns policy! I was being far too picky, but it has to make you want to pick it up and play right?) I’m now in a committed and happy relationship with this lovely white Jackson JS2.

I’m still working on finding a comfortable setup for my home learning and practice. Having to use headphones - using a Blackstar amPlug for now but in cable hell, so I’m currently eyeing up the Nux Mighty Plug as a better solution (enquired about it over on this post if anyone can help)

Looking forward to getting started with the course!

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @Substr

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Substr
Enjoy the ride
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome.

3 Likes

Welcome @Substr

4 Likes

Welcome Alex @BigAl, glad you’ve recovered enough to start playing!

Welcome @Shaun, getting on stage is totally possible (once stages open up, anyway), I’m confident anyone can do it with some practice!

Welcome @Substr, glad you found a bass you love, that is important!

5 Likes

I picked up guitar 20 years ago because my best friend already bought his bass and amp. Same, I played enough to have fun for a while, but fastforward to 2020, just before the Covid lockdown, I had already decided to get back into music with bass, and Covid lockdown has done nothing but help my playing :wink:
Welcome to Bass Buzz

there are some here how have recently bought that NUX headphone amp, and it looks to be a good fairly inexpensive option.

5 Likes

Welcome @BigAl! :metal:t3:

3 Likes

Welcome @Substr, I’m just a few weeks ahead of you :metal:t3:

4 Likes

Welcome Bill Jr. I’m just chugging right along. Doing a 1 module a day so I’m at Module 5 and having fun. Always good to have a different perspective in learning music. All good :+1:.

5 Likes

At this pace, you will pass me @BigAl !

4 Likes

Its just this 1st few lesson have been review of the basic and practicing good techniques. I Just want to be a Bad Ass. :rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

4 Likes