Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

@tazette83 Darkwave/Folk rock/Metal…Different bands obviously!

5 Likes

Welcome @Michel

4 Likes

Darkwave+Metal could work, you’d end up with electroindustrial - something similar to Skinny Puppy :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjIjDlsdYOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jueP9kfrtI

(my second favorite band!)

4 Likes

Now I want to make a Darkwave-MetalFolk Band!

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Michel,
Enjoy the ride, you have come to the right place😎
And Josh’s on line program keeps you motivated and heading in the right direction.
Getting though “funk” grooves happening.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @Michel

5 Likes

Welcome Richard @Riastarthae, that’s great you’re practicing every day!

Bienvenue @Michel, glad you’re enjoying your progress in the course!

5 Likes

Glad to be back, I am an older person and church being shut down. I have plenty of time to practice at home. Taking these lessons gives me the opportunity to have someone to play with. My E string will not stay in tune. What should I do ?

6 Likes

Thanks Brian

Before sending this mail I happened to listen to Close to the edge,
wow what bass.

5 Likes

Yep I agree @Mike4,
I like the live version on “Keys to ascension”
Some other great bass pieces are “The Fish” and “Tempus Fugit “
Siberian Khatru(live)& South side of the sky(live) both from live at Montreux. Steve Howe & Rick Wakeman playing off each other towards the end of SS of the Sky is probably one of my favourite pieces of music.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

@Michel welcome here belgian fellows :slight_smile: I was wondering if I was the only members from Belgium, glad to see we are almost two!

5 Likes

@Godsgift2020 Welcome to BassBuzz!

About the E string, I couldn’t say. I haven’t run into that particular problem before. Fortunately, we have a pretty diverse group and I’m sure someone will be able to offer some advice. @Jamietashi is a luthier. Maybe he can offer some guidance on that.

5 Likes

Have you strung it yourself? Are you sure you have inserted the string in the correct way into the slot in the tuning peg? If it is not done right, it might “slip” ever so slightly, which could manifest as going out of tune. You might try and re-string it (the same string, no need to buy a new one, just yet). Also, when they are new and just freshly strung, you have to “stress” the strings a bit, by pulling them (fairly forcefully, but with feeling) away from the body - then retune, of course. New strings will “stretch” a bit in the beginning, but then should settle and be fairly stable in tuning.

Maybe some of this applies and hopefully helps you solve the issue!?!

7 Likes

I have this problem with one of my basses at the moment but I realize it was my fault because I cut the string too short when I was restringing and the tuning peg doesn’t grip the string sufficiently. Has the problem only started since strings were fitted?

6 Likes

I’ve found my new strings have taken a settling in period before they have remained tuned ( GHS flats).: Could be something similar?
Does it come out of tune whilst you’re playing it?

3 Likes

New strings always take a while to stretch. It’s good to stretch them a bit when you put them on, otherwise it can take a few days.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Godsgift2020!

3 Likes

Lots of possibilities, is the string seated tight in the nut @Godsgift2020 as this can cause a wee variation .
Jamie

4 Likes

Is this how i introduce myself? Eh im matthew, i hail from reno,nevada. Im 47 male etc. Ive been playing for about 4 years and dont practice enough to make good progress. I started by watching youtube videos and playing rocksmith. Then i started taking weekly lessons. (Still am). Anyhow i want to expand my learning, and josh is super simple to understand and hilarious. I fell out of my chair when i watched him guzzle a jar of grapes yesterday. (Eat and drink grapes reference)…any how im still learning full fretboard and practcing my scales and arpeggios daily. Id like to learn how to integrate my knowledge into playing songs better. I am definitely a work in progress…im considering the btb lessons. I only play a 4string by the way. Id like a 5 but need to master 4 better 1st.

11 Likes

Welcome @Matthew2020

6 Likes