Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @ArcaneK9

4 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94, that’s great you’re getting on stage so early in your bass journey! Was just watching a funny Jack Bruce clip where he suggested learning on stage instead of in your bedroom so you get to have fun and get paid while you practice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome @LauraKlinkhamer, congrats on your confidence breakthough, happy to have you here!

Welcome @crippledring, this is indeed the right place! You did make your post a reply to someone else’s though, instead you can press the arrow in the toolbar on the right (bottom left of this image):

Or scroll all the way to the bottom and hit the orange Reply button. All good!

Welcome @TomS, congrats on limiting your GAS to one bass so far. :money_mouth_face:

Welcome @Luther, have fun with the course!

Welcome Terrence @resolve2, congrats on finishing B2B! You can post here if you like to get some more congrats: BadAss BassBuzz Alumni

Welcome @ArcaneK9, best wishes with your Parkinsons, maybe the bass grooves can fight it off a bit. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome @ArcaneK9
Great idea, it is great therapy, physical and mental.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @resolve2,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Thanks tazette83, I feel welcome already! I’ve got an Ibanez TMB100K (seafoam), I’ve had a a lot of fun trying it out so far. I mostly listen to rock and a bit of blues music, I quite like the psychedelic style too.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Luther!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @ArcaneK9 and @resolve2!

5 Likes

Welcome @Luther and @ArcaneK9 and @resolve2

5 Likes

Hello all, I’m Richard from Wales UK.
Used to play bass in bands in my late teens/early twenties but fell out of the habit when I left uni.
Fast forward to my 30’s and I picked up a new bass on the insistence of my wife. It was an Ibanez k5, which I still have a love/hate relationship with.
Since then I’ve gradually practiced, and was a patreon on josh’s other youtube channel for a bit. I play mainly at home with a minimalist home setup (monitors/audio interface etc) and occasionally jam with guitar playing mates.
I recently made myself a promise to practice everyday, and so far I’ve stuck with it. Here’s hoping this community helps with that!

11 Likes

Welcome to the community @Riastarthae!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Riastarthae,
Enjoy the ride.
You will get the motivation to keep pushing yourself once you get into the B2B course.
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome @Riastarthae

4 Likes

Welcome @Riastarthae

4 Likes

Welcome @Riastarthae. You are in the right to stay motivated to practice and improve.

5 Likes

welcome having past band experience sounds awesome what type of music did your bands play?

3 Likes

Chris Squire
What a bassist.
Did not know he died RIP

2 Likes

Hey @Mike4,
Sadly Chris passed away in 2015.
I was fortunate to have seen YES play live in Melbourne on a few occasions, so I have great memories of someone who I consider to be one of the most progressive influential bass players of our generation.
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Hi All,
My story is not so far compared to the one i’ve read. Late fifties year old now, i’ve started to play acoustic guitar 40 years ago, at school. Not really enthusiast to spend time on ‘classical’ songs from ‘classical French singer’ in the course. Ive stopped quickly.
During all these years, i have been more and more attracted about “beats” and the sound associated to it. I ve always thought that i have to play bass. Favorite sounds are Funk / Ska / Disco.
When my dad passed away, I’ve realized that time is flying, and what ever the way you are using it, it goes away. Procrastinating is the best way to come, at the end, to nothing.
I’ve bought then my bass (trbx504) and start to look for lessons. Find some of them, but after a while, it was not fun at all : too much theory, and too high level. Then, put the bass aside for 3 years.
A move due to professional reason in a different country (France to Belgium), and able now to have more free time to do hobbies. Recheck for fancy teacher and found Joss website. I’ve really appreciated the way he do his videos.
I’ve joined the course end of August, and i’m on module 6. I start really to enjoy the progress I have been already able to do. I’m using the small vox amp & headset, which allow to play whenever you want. Some noise in the sound but cool stuff at the end.

Keep this friendly touch in this forum : it makes the difference !
Cheers from Belgium !

11 Likes

Glad you found your way here @Michel. And its never too late. I tried bass 30 years ago without a good teacher, got bored and gave up. Now at 51 , I had time and needed a new hobby So, my other half said, do it! So I bought a bass and luckily stumbled onto Josh and BassBuzz and couldn’t be happier.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Michel!

4 Likes