Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @TomS and congratulations on completing the B2B course :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome @TomS.
Nice bass, I just sold the same one. Plays super nice and I love that maple Fretboard on it, and Orange is my color, I had a good time with mine, you picked a nice bass.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @crippledring!

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @TomS!

5 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @LauraKlinkhamer,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @TomS,
Enjoy the ride,
Congratulations on finishing the course, I’m in similar situation working at home, and do often sneak a bit of extra practice in while sitting at my desk( not to dis similar to your set up😁).
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @crippledring,
Glad you are enjoying the course👍
A lot of us on here have parts that don’t work, but I think it most important to just enjoy and have fun, and it sounds like you are.:sunglasses:
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @TomS

6 Likes

Welcome @TomS

3 Likes

Good for you. its scary trying something new. as someone on module 8 all i can ssay is persevere. there are lots of nice people on here to give you advice. what bass have you got and what style of music do you like??

5 Likes

Hey cool crew. I’ve always wanted to play an instrument but never really had the motivation or the ear for it. As I’ve gotten older, I wanted to change that. My brain struggles with understanding music and feeling things so it’s been a struggle. I’ve had my bass for about 2 years now but never really put any real thought into learning it other than struggling to play tabs. Finally decided with this quarantine to change some things about myself, number one on the list was actually trying to learn it. So here I am. I’m on my 2nd day of beginner to badass, going the hardcore month route. Fingers are already hurting trying to unlearn all the bad habits I have developed and learning to be more useful than just holding things.

10 Likes

Welcome @Luther
They say learning a language is a way to re-wire the brain on a cognative level.
Learning music (especially if you get into theory and reading music) is like learning a language (with math).
This is one of the reasons I picked music back up as I have grown older, brain exercises, the other for therapeutic reasons, and the rest, cuz it is just flat out cool.
I am sure you can do it all with a little more focus. sounds like you have worked a little, kind of aimlessly, like I did in my youth. Now, picking it up, I decided to get focused, and this is where I came to do just that, so you have found the right place to accomplish your goals.

5 Likes

Wow good luck! hi i’m on module 8 even though i chose the slow route. been doing this for a couple of months. have fun and make mistakes thats how i learnt.

6 Likes

Welcome @Luther

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Luther,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

I’m Terrence F. I finished B toB… But I still get Josh teaching on youtube…seek and ye shall find…

9 Likes

Welcome @resolve2 Terrence.
Take a look at this thread if you want to find more Josh lessons.

3 Likes

o/ Hi everyone. Decided to take up the bass because I’ve always wanted too and I feel that it’ll help with exercising my hands. Recently diagnosed with early onset Parkinsons and if I don’t learn to play now, I’ll have missed my chance. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

10 Likes

welcome @resolve2

4 Likes