Welcome @russki98

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @russki98!

4 Likes

welcome @russki98

4 Likes

Welcome @russki98

3 Likes

Welcome @russki98, glad my videos got you into learning more fundamentals!

4 Likes

Welcome @russki98 Glad your here!

3 Likes

Have had a guitar of one flavor or another for 20 plus years self taught and basically just learned chords and strumming on acoustic for most part. Our worship team at church has needed a bassist for a long time so I picked up a used Ibanez micro and a fender rumble amp started practicing and signed up. Ill be on stage for the first time third Sunday in October. Biggest shock for me was set list came in chord charts and i was totally lost as to what to do other than play root notes. Still struggling with that and figuring out the rhythm Signed up for beginner to badass tonight have the basics and fundamentals down well but figure it wont hurt to go through the course

13 Likes

Welcome aboard @Roughneck94,
Enjoy the ride, the B2B course will set you heading in the right direction.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Roughneck94!

4 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94

4 Likes

Welcome @Roughneck94

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Laura, a complete beginner. Never really had the courage to start before, I was convinced I wasn’t musically inclined enough to pick up an instrument. I fiddled around a bit with an acoustic guitar before but felt quite embarrassed so only played very softly while practising and never really pushed through. I had a kind of personal confidence breakthrough about a month ago and felt like this would be the right time to pick up the bass, which I actually feel more connected to than acoustic guitar. I really enjoyed the bassbuzz videos on YouTube but was looking for some more structure in teaching and then decided to just dive into the course. Looking forward to learning a lot here :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Welcome @LauraKlinkhamer

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @LauraKlinkhamer. There is a lot of very supportive people here so enjoy the course.

6 Likes

Welcome @LauraKlinkhamer .
I’m sure you’ll enjoy the course . It’s a great educational resource and fun too.

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Roughneck94. The course is amazing and helpful. When I tried bass 1st back in the 80s all I did was basically play root notes following my buddy on guitar. Even the early lessons (while easy for me) improved my technique and understanding so much. I’m almost 1/2 way through the course and feel like a real bass player now !

7 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m slowly getting familiar with how to answer or propose quotes (thinking of Archi also peter huppertz replies about forced breathing). My apologies if where I am currently is not the correct dialog box to introduce myself. I started learning bass in 2010. That same year, my wedding finger gradually refused to fold properly. I am now 76 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: Anyway, even missing a few notes here and then, I enjoy very much playing mingus Goodbye Porkie pie hat (slow motion, extraordinary blues indeed) but also Darryl Jones bass patterns in Herbie hancock “spider”. Please bass players, check Spider by Herbie Head Hunters II in Munich 1989 which I’m sure you already know.

11 Likes

Welcome @crippledring!
Having fun playing bass is what counts around here, even if some fingers refuse to play their part :grin:

7 Likes

Welcome @LauraKlinkhamer and @crippledring

4 Likes

Hi Everyone, I’m Tom from Chicago.
I’ve been enjoying the forum for a few months now, so it’s time to come out of hiding. My story is a lot like many others on this thread. I’m in my late forties and have absolutely no music experience. I have more free time now that I work from home every day. 2020 has been a rough year, but I’m trying to make the best of it by challenging myself to learn something completely new.
I started the B2B course 3 months ago and just finished the last module and final quiz. I’m happy to say I passed. I’m even able to handle the majority of the super badass extra credit workouts. Billie Jean at full tempo remains a work in progress. :wink:
Going through the final quiz was a real confidence builder. I’m able to easily play along with several workouts that gave me trouble just a few weeks ago. I know I have a long way to go on my bass journey, but I really feel that this course has given me a great foundation to work with. B2B has been a blast, and worth every penny.
When not practicing, I like to spend some of my free time brewing beer. I’ve been at it for 9 years now. It’s another hobby with a serious gear acquisition syndrome. So far, I’ve kept it pretty basic with my bass setup. I have an Ibanez Soundgear 400 series bass, and a Fender Rumble 40 amp. I use headphones to spare my family from listening to my mistakes. The picture below shows my gear (I’ll post this in the Show Us Your Basses thread also). Behind it is my work from home area/practice spot. When the workday ends, I plug in the bass and practice. Sometimes when the workday is slow, I plug in the bass and sneak in some extra practice. :sunglasses:

12 Likes