Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome to the community @theladyfebruary!

4 Likes

Haha! Might be a while yet, but we’ll see!

5 Likes

welcome.

6 Likes

Welcome @theladyfebruary. It’s always nice to see another bass gal in the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome Szymon @szwalewski!

Welcome @theladyfebruary, glad the technique lessons fixed your defective bass. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s amazing how that works :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Thank you @JoshFossgreen
I’ve only done a few lessons so far , they are amazing ! I am already very inspired
Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have no idea what I am doing but a few lessons in and the bass has not burst into flames to protest yet!

10 Likes

No worries, your bass won’t burst into flames until you get to Module 4, Lesson 6…

Welcome to the forum @jonathonsheard

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @jonathonsheard,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Straight truth. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Welcome @jonathonsheard

4 Likes

All right! This is awesome, glad to meet you!

5 Likes

It was like magic! It was I who needed repair! :sweat_smile: Glad I found this place.

4 Likes

We’re all glad too. Best wishes with your bass journey, and keep us posted on your progress.

5 Likes

Hello musicians!

I can thank my Dad for bringing me here to this website and discovering so many helpful videos by @JoshFossgreen on YouTube.
My Dad has been encouraging me to play the bass because my two sisters are starting a band and I want to join in on the fun but have trouble connecting with anyone because I am so shy… He thinks I could fit the mold of a bassist and blend in on stage while playing a groovy rhythm and be able to enjoy myself without feeling so awkward!

Looking forward to learning with the help of everyone here and getting more familiar with the magical electric bass.
:smile: :guitar:

14 Likes

Welcome aboard @jonathonsheard and @Abigail. Your gonna love it here!!

5 Likes

@Abigail Welcome to BassBuzz! That sounds awesome!

Your dad has sent you to the right place. Feel free to ask us any questions you have. There are a lot of nice people here with broad skillsets and all levels of playing ability. Don’t let that shyness hold you back. :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Up until this Covid thing happened, I was quite busy as an upright (mostly orchestral) bassist. Like many upright players, I got my start on bass guitar. Several years ago, I broke the radial bone in my right arm and had to wear a cast for a few months. Since I couldn’t play the upright so much, I went to a guitar convention and found a Tacoma Thunderchief. It was so comforting to have that bass which my cast arm fit around well. It is an excellent refuge instrument and the anxiety of the past several months brought it into my arms again which eventually led me here. Love the enthusiasm!

9 Likes

Welcome @Mikich

2 Likes