Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @MichaelB

3 Likes

Hi I am Rich from the UK , been thinking for a long time about playing the bass but I was told I was rubbish at music when I was at school so thought no chance of being a bass player but eventually during the covid19 lockdown I decided to buy one anyway and give it a try… I have been learning with mixed success from youtube but I wanted to get some theory so signed up the course , really like it so far !

11 Likes

Welcome to the community Rich @zipzop!

3 Likes

Welcome @ziptop

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @zipzop,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Greetings!

I have been playing bass for 8 years. I took a few lessons and have self-taught the rest. I play in a pretty big contemporary church band and in a rock cover band. I can hold my own, but I am admittedly the the least musically talented of both groups. I have to work twice as hard as the other members to be able to do my part. I came to Bassbuzz to help me identify some gaps in my learning and address some bad habits.

Like Josh, I study martial arts. I am a Krav Maga instructor and hope to never have to use it in real life. But unlike Josh, I am not a vegan. LOL.

I hope to find something in Bassbuzz that helps me break through the current stalemate I find myself in with regard to improving my bass abilities. I’ll let you know.

Respectfully,
Brandon P.

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @phillipsbw19,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @phillipsbw19

5 Likes

Welcome to the community Brandon @phillipsbw19.

5 Likes

Welcome @zipzop and @phillipsbw19

5 Likes

Welcome to the group @zipzop and @phillipsbw19

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Bob_T, thanks for the kind words!

Welcome @waynelitwak, @MichaelB, @zipzop and @phillipsbw19, great to have you all here!

4 Likes

Hey everyone. I‘m 48 and really pleased to see how many of us are a similar age! I‘ve been doing the course for just over a week but I have consistently managed to play a little each day and am loving the course. I‘m also starting to appreciate the bass a lot more. I had lessons on an electronic organ for a year as a kid but gave up because I never practised. I played clarinet for a year too but really wanted to learn the sax instead but the school had no saxophones so I quit. My brother had a guitar and, as I was listening to a lot of metal and guitar-based music, I picked up his guitar and tried to teach myself from books. Got a musical knowledge of sorts with v basic theory. Then I got myself a Line 6 interface that came with Ableton and tried to write some music. In the process I bought a bass which has stayed under the bed for over 10 years. I’ve always admired Steve Harris, Flea and Lemmy but never particularly wanted to play the bass. But since lockdown I have wanted to learn a new skill and so I took out the bass and looked for a course. So hear I am. I love all kinds of music and love to watch people play music live. I‘d love to have the confidence to play in a band myself or at least jam with others. By the time we are allowed to mix normally again, hopefully I’ll be in a position to put myself forward. I’m based in London (UK) and In the day Job I sell products into European markets, as I speak French and German. But music is my real passion. Look forward to learning more about you all and getting into some new music.

11 Likes

Welcome to the group @Bassbiz glad your here! I is an amazing fun, supportive and insightful bunch here!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Bassbiz!

4 Likes

Welcome @Bassbiz

4 Likes

Welcome @Bassbiz
What’s not to like about Lemmy lol :spades:

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @Bassbiz,
You have come to the right place, enjoy the ride👍
Cheers Brian :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hello, I’m over 61 years of age and back In 1980 I bought a 1979 Ibanez Artist bass with all intentions of learning to play. I was in the Air Force in New Mexico, but 1981 got out. I left my bass along with my other possessions to move back home and then send for them. During that time my bass disappeared and I didn’t get another bass or take lessons. A few years ago I bought another bass, which my eldest daughter decided she wanted to play it. I gave it to her and then I had none. lol. A few weeks ago I bought my Squire P-bass and now am learning what I had been planning all along. My influences is Jack Bruce (Cream), Randy Bachman (BTO) and Donald Duck Dunn (BOC) among others.

7 Likes

Well, after another course in uploading stuff (provided by my son, owner of the home studio in the picture background) - here is my bass. I reckon bridge is quite unusual- what say You?

10 Likes