Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @davidhook33

5 Likes

Welcome to the group @davidhook33

4 Likes

hi I’m Xavier I am trying out for my school band and I’m trying to get a bass guitar. but my parents say I have to get it if I pass. so can you help me learn?

8 Likes

Welcome aboard @xavier,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @xavier! Everyone here is very helpful.

5 Likes

Hi @davidhook33 enjoy the course, enjoy the forums :grinning:

6 Likes

Hi @xavier, great choice of instrument. Good luck with getting your bass. Lots of nice people here with lots of bass playing knowledge so you came to the right place.

6 Likes

Thanks @russki98 and others.
Really love the community

5 Likes

Welcome @xavier

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @xavier. Just ask your questions as they arise, and someone here will help you.

5 Likes

Hello, Kasper from Finland here.

I’m 40 years old guy with no musical backround. I always wanted to play some instrument, but never started any. About a month ago I was watching random stuff on youtube and found a Davie504 video. I had to show it to my oldest son (11 years old) and we watched “few” more videos. One week later I ordered two basses. One for me and one for my son. So, now we are both learning to play bass. :laughing:

14 Likes

Welcome to the community @Kassu!

5 Likes

Welcome @Kassu

5 Likes

Welcome @Kassu

6 Likes

Welcome to the group @Kassu

6 Likes

Super cool @Kassu! What a fun journey you’re gonna have! He’s going to be a smokin’ bass player at 13 or 14, and his Dad is going to be slappin’ it too lol!

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @Kassu,
I hope you and your son love your bass journey together :+1:
That is so cool,
Enjoy the ride.
Cheers Brian

6 Likes

Welcome to the fold @Kassu. It’s great that you’re learning bass with your son. I’m still waiting for my son’s interest to spark. He’s only 7 but he see’s me playing everyday so I’m hopeful. Believe it or not, I had never heard of Davie504 so I went and watched some of his videos due to you mentioning him. WOW, that guy is a paradox… He’s so expressionless but such a great player and lot’s of fun. Enjoy the course and enjoy the forum.

6 Likes

Welcome @xavier and @Kassu!

5 Likes

Hello, everyone! I’m Denny and it’s finally time I learned to play bass. I grew up in a musical family and somehow never could grasp guitar. I went the sax route and was decent 30+ years ago, but it’s been a minute since I did anything other than sing or the occasional handbell choir performance. I’m 50 and just began learning from the YouTube channel videos, though I am going to get the lesson series after Christmas. Josh is GREAT! I’ve already picked up so much that I couldn’t seem to digest when my dad tried to teach me. I love the teaching style.

I don’t know the details about it yet, but I just inherited a bass that belonged to a long-time family friend. All I know is that it is a Gibson Hollow-Body from the 60’s (I think). I’ll get it on the show us your bass thread soon. Once I make sure this is going to stick, I will be looking for another that doesn’t have quite the sentimental value and can take more wear and tear. Nice to meet all of you!

11 Likes