Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @AngelC

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @AngelC!

6 Likes

Welcome! Your English is great, don’t worry at all.

Wow, Andalusia, awesome. I’ve always wanted to go to Spain but always missed it while in Europe. Maybe someday :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome, @AngelC

I confess that I had to google Andalusia. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Thanks so much for your words! Certainly my criteria when I bought this bass some 1 yr. ago, having little to no knowledge at all, was simply "does it look good? " + “does it fall inside my budget?” + “reviews must be good”, and the Harley Benton HBZ 2004 Deluxe did match them all.

But you’re right that I’m already thinking about which one I’ll get next…!! :joy:

11 Likes

Just let me know in case you finally do come over, if you want some tips from a native! :wink:

7 Likes

No worries! I’d say that a very high percentage of what one may find outside of Spain as associated to Spain or Spanish cultural icons are indeed Andalusian, so it’s all good.

6 Likes

Hi all, I bought my first bass - Ibanez SR300E - a couple of years ago intending teach myself. Trouble was, I didn’t know where to start. I needed a structure or some kind of lesson plan and despite the endless videos on YouTube, I couldn’t find what I needed. I would alternate between my bass and my ukulele, but didn’t get far on either. A couple of months ago my interest in learning to play was ignited again, and that’s when I I found the B2B course. I’m now almost at the end of the course and I’ve absolutely loved it. I’m going to go through it again - it seems like a lot of people do - and see where I go from there. I’d really like to learn Tapping after discovering Tommy Lee Depp. I never knew a Bass could sound like that.

14 Likes

I had the same overwhelming feeling about the endless internet tutorials and YouTube videos, so your words do comfort me having just started the B2B course, making me confident this is the right choice. Thanks!

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @AngelC,
You have come to the right place
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

9 Likes

@AngelC You won’t regret it. At first, I was whizzing though the lessons. Then some were a little more complicated and I slowed down a bit, but I made sure I went back to it every day. It’s a great feeling to see yourself improving.

11 Likes

Welcome! I have a Harley Benton fretless Jazz bass that I sometimes play at church. The only reason I don’t play it more is that it’s very heavy. Harley Benton are a great value.

10 Likes

Welcome @AngelC and @wave

9 Likes

I logged on expecting to be decades older than anyone; I am 59 1/2 today and when my mother sent me $500 out of the blue for Christmas, I decided to finally check #1 on my to-do list. Never learned music; my parents couldn’t spring for lessons. But I always listened for the bass in songs, and now with a “like-new” Rumble 40 SSD (where the $$ went, as I was told that’s better for beginners, even if 2x the tube one), and with a surprise “indefinite loan” well-worn-in Fender Jazz MIM '95 from a kind pro-musician friend, I’m at the first step on the thousand-mile adventure. I did a lot of research on online lessons before signing up and the B2B style and methods seemed most simpatico with my lack of know-how. I reckon in “lockdown” end-2020 mode, it’s a better way for me to learn! As an introvert (figures I’d choose bass), I get flustered under pressure, so the ability to go over and over videos will help. I’m a self-taught type, so the approach here feels “right” for the jittery. (My son’s been playing a year and a half; he started from ground zero too.)

14 Likes

Welcome @DrJLMurphy… you will enjoy B2B immensely, and hopefully will enjoy our forum.

9 Likes

Welcome @DrJLMurphy

7 Likes

Welcome to the community, @DrJLMurphy

You’re far from the oldest - I’ve got nearly a decade on you and several members are older than me.

You might find this thread interesting:

Bassbuzz Demographics (a poll)

12 Likes

Welcome @DrJLMurphy Many of us are flattered that we appear to be much younger than we actually are : ) I hope you’ll find this a great place to practice the craft.

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @DrJLMurphy,
It will be the best $500 you ever spent, thanks MUM.
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @DrJLMurphy! Love the Mr. Peabody avatar!

7 Likes