Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Greetings,

I’m new to bass, and making proper music in general. I’ve always enjoyed listening to music but felt a bit ashamed that I knew so little (read, nothing) about actually making it. I’m really excited to have found the Beginner to Badass course, it seems well thought out and executed. It’s particularly appealing that bass is the main focus, not an afterthought added to a guitar training program.

I’m enjoying learning on my Jackson JS2 Spectra, and look forward to the point when I can start to create my own basslines that actually sound good.

The main thing that brought me to bass is how powerful each note can be. A good bassist can add so much to a song with the correct application of just a few well placed notes, no need to shred out on every song.

An unordered list of bass players that get me moving:

• Geddy Lee
  • Graham Maby
  • Jack Syperek
  • Murray Foster
  • Victor Wooten
10 Likes

Welcome aboard @GanglyCloth,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Welcome @GanglyCloth

2 Likes

Welcome @GanglyCloth

1 Like

Welcome to the community @GanglyCloth!

1 Like

Hello to all you low frequency lovers. Music has always been a driving force in my life. I spent many years as a radio host and when I began working in photography and videography it started with capturing music events and live bands (even went on tour). Music was part of ever aspect of my life but my dream to actually play music was always being sidelined. I had been in garage bands when I was younger and jammed with some fellow enthusiasts but never felt I had the chops. Bass was always my main love and over the years I have accumulated a lot of gear. Basses, pedals, amps and more have been bought and sold, collected and traded. I even started doing mods and repairs for myself and others. I just wasn’t getting anywhere with the actual playing. I was thinking of packing it in and that’s when I came across Josh’s channel. After following him for a while I decided to take the plunge and start from scratch. I started the course and it’s as enjoyable as his channel. I feel I’m starting to get somewhere. Not to put all the pressure on Josh but ya mate, I got a lot riding on you. Lol. Hope to also get to know more of the Bassbuzz family and participate in the forums. So far, from what I have read, you’re a great bunch. Thanks.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Forums and glad you started the course, @SubsonicRob

Lots of us here started out the way you describe, too . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @SubsonicRob, Rob,
You have come to the right place :sunglasses:
Josh’s course will have you rockin in no time,
Just remember root, fifths and octaves👍
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Welcome @SubsonicRob

3 Likes

Welcome @GanglyCloth and @SubsonicRob !

4 Likes

Welcome @SubsonicRob

3 Likes

Hi. Played bass seriously from age 15 to 27. Mainly played hard rock and metal. I got tired of dealing with flaky musicians, so I sold all my stuff and retired. I am now 39 and playing again. Never had any formal training. I’m pretty advanced in some areas and need lots work in others. Josh’s YouTube videos are easy to follow and straight to the point, which is why I purchased this course. I feel like it will really help me out with theory and reading, which is something that always frustrated me. Good stuff.

11 Likes

Welcome @knightaxel

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @SubsonicRob & @knightaxel!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @knightaxel,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Hey there,

I’m Damo and by way of introduction, I’m very new to BassBuzz and the bass in general.

Several times in my life, people asking for me at bars would get “Oh, what? The guy who looks like a bassist?”, so on my 47th birthday last week, I decided to take the hint and bought myself my first bass guitar.

I like rock and metal music mostly, with occasional forays into punk and goth.

Looking forward to making friends and learning all I can.

D.

17 Likes

Welcome to the Forums, @Dibzva . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Welcome @knightaxel and @Dibzva!

5 Likes

Welcome @knightaxel

5 Likes

Welcome @Dibzva

6 Likes