Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Hello @ArcticMonkeMan and welcome! I used to play the trombone myself. Reading notes seems not to be a problem for you then :slightly_smiling_face: Enjoy the ride!

5 Likes

Welcome @ArcticMonkeMan

Cheers

3 Likes

Welcome @Jonasguy and @ArcticMonkeMan

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Jonasguy,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @ArcticMonkeMan,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

4 Likes

Welcome @pauls1024 @Jonasguy @ArcticMonkeMan

3 Likes

Welcome @PuddingTime I am Ground Hog’s Day, nice to meet you.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I started your course already Josh and I forgot to introduce myself.
My name is Antonio and I am Italian but since 2011 I am living in London UK. I started to play bass a few years back when I was 16/17 yo but after a bit I lost my way because I did not like my teacher and the way he was teaching. In 2011 I was coming to London for a new chapter in my life and finally I took the bass again in my hands. It is quite challenge learn the note in English but I am getting there, thanks to you Josh and the way you teach. I am into heavy metal. I used to play in a heavy metal band back to Italy. And that’s it pretty much
All the best
Antonio

11 Likes

Welcome aboard @AntonioM,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

Welcome @AntonioM

5 Likes

Welcome Aboard @AntonioM

4 Likes

Thank you so much

4 Likes

Thanks

6 Likes

Welcome @AntonioM

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @AntonioM!

3 Likes

Hey all. I’ve been watching Josh’s vids on YouTube for a while and when he mentioned the site - of which I was completely unaware until that point - I headed on over and signed right up.

I live in South Africa, just north of Johannesburg. I’m a bedroom composer, keyboardist, half-baked singer & songwriter, and hobbyist home recording artist. (Aren’t we all?)

I’ve been playing guitar (don’t criticise) for over half my life, and have noodled on bass a few times. I’ve recently decided it’s time to take the instrument seriously. So here I am. Hoping to learn as much as I can and become as close as I can to a badass bassist.

My bass heroes are Flea of course, John McVie, oddly Ray Manzarek (not many keyboardist/bassists around, were there, let alone bassists who played with their feet), and a good few others, but those guys stand out for me. Fleetwood and McVie - as well as Flea and Smith - just work so hard and so tight as units.

I think I’ve taken up enough of y’all’s time. Gonna go read the guidelines!

Peace
dh|

15 Likes

Welcome aboard, @domhatch . . . :slight_smile:

Glad to have you with us!

Cheers
Joe

5 Likes

Welcome @domhatch

5 Likes

Hi @AntonioM and Welcome! Reading notes in a foreign language takes time, but eventually it’s second nature. At least I’ve made the experience :grin:

5 Likes