Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

You’re quite welcome, @NipperDog . . . :slight_smile: I didn’t measure the action with a feeler gauge before or after I made the adjustment so I don’t have an exact numerical spec to give you.

I just lowered the strings a small amount, until I was happy.

If you lower them too much, you’ll get some fret buzz. If they’re not lowered enough, it will be harder to fret notes correctly. You’ll see . . . :slight_smile:

Cheers
Joe

4 Likes

Hello everyone and greetings from Finland!

When I was a teenager my friends needed a bass player in their band and long story short,
I’ve been playing bass for almost 10 years now.
We are still playing together and getting more serious about making music so I decided to unlearn some bad habbits and get a better grasp on theory behind bass.
I found Josh from Youtube, it led me here and I started doing B2B. I wouldnt say that I’m a beginner but this course has already made me more badass. :love_you_gesture:t2:

Currently rocking Tokai Jazz sound from 80’s

14 Likes

I wouldn’t count on it. The only bass I have purchased from them required some adjustments.

6 Likes

Glad you are here @Manonick.
Maybe you can teach us a thing or two as well!

5 Likes

Welcome @Manonick!

4 Likes

Hi @Manonick and welcome! It’s hard to get rid of bad habits, but with the course and your determination, you are going to make it! :+1: My best wishes - BassPlayinSeal

4 Likes

Super happy to have found Bass Buzz lessons. I just got my bass and am on lesson 9 or something - so far, love it. I turn 60 in 2 weeks, I’m a surgeon and the chief medical officer of my hospital, so probably as my version of a mid life crisis (or adventure) I decided to take up the bass again. I thought I needed a creative outlet beyond my job. I had started as a teenager, but switched to the guitar and sax for reasons that are lost to history. So now I’m back, and with Josh’s help I may actually learn how to play the bass this time.

10 Likes

Glad you are here @hokulea2001.

You will indeed learn how to play from Josh, the best foundation out there. From there, its up to you, but the great thing here is there is such a great community of folks wanting to help each other all the way along that you wil lindeed succeed!

5 Likes

Weelcome @Manonick from California :smile:

Welcome @hokulea2001 from my living room. :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome @Manonick
And @hokulea2001

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @hokulea2001!

5 Likes

Welcome @hokulea2001!

I like the connection to Thor.

5 Likes

Hi and welcome @hokulea2001 nice to have you with us!

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m Martin, I’m from Ireland and I’m new to bassbuzz.
I’m 52 and started playing a little guitar (no, not a Uke :stuck_out_tongue: ) about a year ago.

After getting curious about Bass I watched a few of Josh’s videos on YouTube and I thought I’d like to give his course a try so here I am. I’ll be focusing exclusively on the Bass for a few months to focus my attention and really give it proper try.

Let’s see if it still puts a big ole smile on my face at the end of the course.

14 Likes

Welcome aboard, Martin @HowlinDawg . . . :slight_smile:

We’re glad to have you here, and wish you good luck in the course!

Cheers
Joe

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @HowlinDawg!

6 Likes

Glad you are here @HowlinDawg

6 Likes

Hello Josh and all my fellow Badass wannabes. I am Steve, 58 years old and I too wanna be a badass. I LOVE the videos, especially the advice on buying a bass. I got a used Fender Jazz that I am quickly falling in love with. Also LOVED the BassBot video on scales. I tried learning bass earlier in life and became a bassbot practicing scales. Glad Josh slapped some sense into me. Scales are FUN when you play scale fragments and explore and just play around. I am starting from the beginning, though. Need some serious remedial rhythm lessons and need to clean up my noisy bass act, hence the name “Mr. Clean.” Cheers!

11 Likes

Welcome @hokulea2001

7 Likes

Welcome @HowlinDawg

7 Likes