Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Welcome @MonsieurFahrenheit

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @MonsieurFahrenheit!

7 Likes

Welcome @MonsieurFahrenheit, glad you are here!
There is no better place to learn bass than here.

Enjoy the forum, loads of kind helpful folks here doing exactly what you are doing and all learning from each other along the way

7 Likes

Welcome @MonsieurFahrenheit.

7 Likes

welcome @Fou_Lou @Elkabong and @MonsieurFahrenheit

7 Likes

I am having a hard time believing people forget about this! :rofl: I used it as the name of an attack in the game I’m making – one of the main characters hits the bad guy with her bass. Here’s a GIF where you can see it in action (about 10 seconds in):

9 Likes

Amazing John thanks for the warm welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome Eric @MonsieurFahrenheit

7 Likes

Welcome Monsieur! Hope you love it here. Cynical Inc actually sounds kind of cool.

7 Likes

thanks! We were a foursome all from different backgrounds and wit and sarcasm was the glue that kept everyone sane. It was more for fun than anything and I can’t quite hit the same notes anymore but I enjoy singing at home for my wife and daughter LOL But now its all about pplaying my bass!

8 Likes

That’s cool I’ve never came across another person that does this sort of work before.

Is that really a girl in the beard, yella shirt & guitar smash? Maybe the gif is small but that’s one strong ninja turtle lady and I need to get on Sparkles diet and workout routine because I’m slacking LOL

6 Likes

Welcome aboard Eric @MonsieurFahrenheit,
Enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

7 Likes

thanks!

7 Likes

Haha, yep, she is (no beard tho – that’s a scarf and I’m not telling what it might be hiding underneath, lol) – Sparkles is quite the beast and absolutely the MVP of the team.

Anywho, without derailing the thread, I’ll say you can find out more about the game here: Evolvgames.itch.io And let me know what you think if you do :smiley:

7 Likes

LOL Sorry I thought it was a beard, the screen was just small. Sparkles is the tank.

That’s cool though, it looks to be like Final Fantasy with time based music elements like dance dance revolution. That type of work looks very complicated & deep.

6 Likes

Welcome Mr. Heat.
My guess would start with SBL, same place I started. I figured when I could follow along with lesson 10 perfectly fine, and in lesson 11 I was completely lost, that I might be good enough some day to learn from somebody so technical, but for beginning, it was just way too much.
Glad you got here, you will love it.

If I were to start a band, I would call it Pathological SmartAss, so I can relate to this statement.

5 Likes

Hello there!
Finally I have decided to introduce myself after months reading your posts “hiding in the bushes”. I am a 45 yo man who has finally (re)discovered bass after more than 30 years messing around with music in a way or another. I learned some guitar at high school and played with my friends in a “band” for a short time. Since we were 3 guitar players in it, I decided to play a borrowed bass for the 2 or 3 small gigs we did in our last year; and it all begun there!
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to try bass in a more consistent way until a year ago - that’s life. I bought a cheap one after watching Josh on YT and tried his method.
Now I have a Squier Jazz bass and lots of fun learning new basslines and (finally) some music theory.
And I have also discovered that bass players are awesome people. I am a big fan of all of you!!
By the way, please excuse my rusty English. Greetings from Barcelona!

15 Likes

Welcome @Checko!

Your English is fine. I wouldn’t have guessed it wasn’t your first language if you hadn’t mentioned it.

5 Likes

Thanks ! I tried Fender play, bass lessons dot com, bass made easy and I guess if you count Rocksmith that’s aftually four lol

5 Likes

Welcome @Checko glad you are out of the bushes!

6 Likes