Introduce Yourself! (2018-2022)

Glad you are here @paktalin

6 Likes

Welcome @paktalin
They were certainly a refreshing change to the usual Eurovision stuff.
Enjoy your bass journey

5 Likes

Welcome @Pammie_Jo You’re totally in the right place, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll find quickly that MUSIC IS AMAZING. This course and this forum can change your life. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Welcome @paktalin ! Welcome to the best club on the internet!

7 Likes

Welcome @Pammie_Jo

4 Likes

Welcome @Vincelo

5 Likes

Welcome @paktalin

5 Likes

Welcome to all. The guys here are a fountain of knowledge and can help with just about any questions you may have. I am a beginner as well and am looking forward to this life-long journey.

5 Likes

Welcome Aboard @paktalin ,
enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

3 Likes

Good choice for a beginner Bass.
How do you like it?

Oh yeh almost forgot, Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. So far I like it. I don’t have much knowledge to make any comparisons but I’m not thinking “I wish I had bought. . .”.

6 Likes

You can never go wrong with a Yammie!

4 Likes

Then that is the Bass for you. :+1:

Of course I have to say I am biased to Yamaha.
The next step up is the TRBX304 and then the TRBX504.
These are the two Basses I have. I call the TRBX504 my forever Bass.

If you ever do want to upgrade after the 174 I suggest you give one of them a try.

7 Likes

Now then, Stuart from Leeds (home of the weddoes, gang of four, Cud, Wire and Bielsa)loads of ace bass lines . I used t’ (to) play in bands back in early 90’s. nowt (nothing) like this back then, I took a lot of stick from some musos when I played as never knew notes etc. just played. This course I would have died for as a 20 year old. I decided to take bass up again in me 50’s and working my way through it with ace results. Cant wait until Jam nights are back on again and join in .

13 Likes

Welcome @burley68 !

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @burley68 ,
I agree, it would have been really cool to have access to a course like this when i was a teenager as well,
Its never to late,
enjoy the ride,
Cheers Brian

5 Likes

Welcome @burley68
Used to follow Leeds United when I was a nipper up until my teens in the days of Billy Bremner, Alan Clarke and the Grey brothers!

3 Likes

My name’s Tim. I’m a bit of a musical dabbler, a “jack of all trades but master of none”. I started in elementary school with accordion lessons. Later in life I got into guitar, then I switched to bass, played around with harmonica and the recorder, and then got into “world music” with the bagpipes, native American flute, didgeridoo, and ukulele. Throughout all of that, though, while I’ve sold off instruments left and right, I’ve always had my original accordion (a really nice 120 bass Contello, Italian made) and a bass.

This has all been done with the single and sole intent to be good enough at one instrument to be able to jam with people. I’ve just been fighting some sort of musical ADD all of my life.

I’m in my 50s now, and I’ve decided that it’s time to get my act together and commit to one instrument so that I can achieve my goal of jamming with people. It’s been a tie between accordion and bass, but for the type of music I want to play, accordion isn’t really a good fit.

So. Here I am. And I’m glad to be here. I’ve got an Ibanez SoundGear SR300 4-string bass and a little Hartke 15 watt bass amp; definitely enough to get me started down the path, but whoo boy am I already eyeing a bigger amp. :slight_smile: As far as theory goes, I know… some. I can name the strings on the bass, and I can find almost any note on the fretboard. I cannot sight read music, but I am learning. I know a few scales, and I’ve spent years off and on doing chromatic exercises and playing riffs I’ve picked up here and there. I’m sure I have some bad habits to break.

Anyway! There’s that.

13 Likes

Welcome @JustTim

Already eyeing new gear?! You’ll fit right in here :scream:

6 Likes

So glad you are here @JustTim
Always wanted to learn the accordian.
For bagpipes… @TNKA36 is youre man.

If you are eyeing new gear, tread carefully in the forum (haha), or open up that wallet now and just go with it.

5 Likes